MXSIM Mod Manager - Manage hundreds of mods with ease

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.

Are you interested in MXSIM:MM

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 61

motokid499
Team: Phil's

Re: MXSIM Mod Manager - Manage hundreds of mods with ease

Post by motokid499 »

Sounds very cool and a great way to organize skins and mods and such. I do have a suggestion though - Many downloads are actually for team use only, and people download them only to be able to see that teams skins/model in game. Maybe add another category for team skins? That would be awesome, that way it easily separates what you download so you can view other people, and what you download to actually personally use.

Really really cool man and very impressive!
Tanner Rogers
Ethan87

Post by Ethan87 »

motokid499 wrote:Sounds very cool and a great way to organize skins and mods and such. I do have a suggestion though - Many downloads are actually for team use only, and people download them only to be able to see that teams skins/model in game. Maybe add another category for team skins? That would be awesome, that way it easily separates what you download so you can view other people, and what you download to actually personally use.

Really really cool man and very impressive!
Alpha 0.1.7 which is not shown in these screenshots will include the ability to create custom databases, this will allow you to make as many databases as you want, whether they be for teams, certain bikes, certain gear sets, etc. 0.1.7 will also include the ability to launch MX Simulator directly from the Manager, along with a large set of launch parameters.

Thanks for your feedback!
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

Ethan87 wrote: I appreciate the feedback! What steps would you recommend for backing up mods?
It depends on the resources that people are willing to use. I personally use external harddrives + an internal storage HDD to backup files, but some people may not have the ability to do that. That's where I suggested incorporating a free file storage site like the ones listed above (Dropbox, Mediafire, GoogleDrive). Most should provide up to 50GB of free cloud storage if they sign up for an account.

I would imagine due to legal issues you couldn't do too much integration with those services though. I'll reiterate this, I don't think many people would find the "backup" portion of the utility to be of much use considering it would almost be less convenient. I could see its main purpose being an instruction to show people best methods of backing up mods/files.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

SKlein wrote: I would imagine due to legal issues you couldn't do too much integration with those services though.
They have API's so it wouldn't be a legal issue at all. Would be cool to see, though, even I don't use these services very often.
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

LKR47 wrote:
SKlein wrote: I would imagine due to legal issues you couldn't do too much integration with those services though.
They have API's so it wouldn't be a legal issue at all. Would be cool to see, though, even I don't use these services very often.
Good to know, I guess if that's the case it opens a lot of potential with what you can do (built-in structure where you can zip a folder and directly upload it to a google drive within the MXS Manager. In the case of Google Drive you'll get 15GB free, which should suffice for the average user. Something he could consider.