Mxserver Tutorial

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Mx Decals/Design

Re: Mxserver Tutorial

Post by Mx Decals/Design »

can somoone upload the curl 64bit i cant download it :/ or is there a other way to upload the stats?
MX4EVER
Team: MXS-Concept.com

Post by MX4EVER »

Mx Decals/Design wrote:can somoone upload the curl 64bit i cant download it :/ or is there a other way to upload the stats?
http://www.curl.com/download/rte/dlwin.html
Niko | Mouk Lab | Admin of MXS-Concept // MyMXB // MXBikes-Shop // among others. | YouTube
Mx Decals/Design

Post by Mx Decals/Design »

MX4EVER wrote:
Mx Decals/Design wrote:can somoone upload the curl 64bit i cant download it :/ or is there a other way to upload the stats?
http://www.curl.com/download/rte/dlwin.html
do i need to run that bat file before that it can upload to the site? cuz if im try to open it it close automatic
MX4EVER

Post by MX4EVER »

You must put this exe in the mxserver folder
Niko | Mouk Lab | Admin of MXS-Concept // MyMXB // MXBikes-Shop // among others. | YouTube
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Didn't realize the Curl downloads were broken, updated link in the first post now.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

So I recently built a dedicated server pc and I thought I would upload the results with curl. I really didnt get what "then place it in your server folder" meant. I assumed install it in the folder but a got a folder with hella subdirectories and tried to set the path in the bat but that didnt work. So I installed it to program files and moved the shortcut to the exe in there and that didnt work..." no such file found". so then I moved the exe into the folder and it said i didnt have that DLL so thats why its in there in the picture, but it seemed to work with no errors.... but my server is not on the list. Is there like an approval process or something? Heres a pic of my server folder, 1 of my sim servers with the curl bat eing ran(i assume), and what Ihave in the bat. Sorry for my incompetence.... been awake for two days.
MX4EVER

Post by MX4EVER »

hmmm I took a look to this new curl installation, sounds bad. You can remove it and use this exe instead : http://www.mediafire.com/download/53974 ... _742_0.zip
Place this exe in your mxserver folder.

yzmxer608, you can update the link again, this one is on my mediafire and will be LTS.
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Thanks man it worked!
HometownHero
Team: Hitachi REVO

Post by HometownHero »

Anyone know how to set up a server on a Mac?? :lol: :lol:
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

HometownHero wrote:Anyone know how to set up a server on a Mac?? :lol: :lol:
Unfortunately, even though OSX is a UNIX OS and has bash, it cant execute the included binary in the mxserver folder. There may be a way to run the windows .bat file with wine though. Ill have a look and Ill also see if theres a way to emulate UNIX executables in OSX.
HPenguin

Post by HPenguin »

This is really cool!
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Noob question, how do I set up timed motos in the serverargs file?
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

--minutes 30
--laps 2

or set laps to 0 and whatever minutes if you only want it to be timed.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
MX4EVER

Post by MX4EVER »

aeffertz wrote:Noob question, how do I set up timed motos in the serverargs file?
That's in the readme file dude.
All command line options can be put in the server args file, one command per line.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Actually, the args file treats all unquoted whitespace characters the same. Newlines, tabs and spaces are interchangeable.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.