Mxserver Tutorial

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
cleanracer
Team: Privateer

Re: Mxserver Tutorial

Post by cleanracer »

not sure if this is the best way to start a server now a days but im having trouble getting tracks on the server looked for a video couldnt find one. i cant find track info i went to the track did the command. went to my folder and dont think i have a personal folder but i have a folder that says put all in personal folder if asked idk why. but i cant really figure this stuff out. when i try and start the server it says its not a track info thing.did all the trackinfo/ stuff and still cant get it to work hope i get a reply from this hope someone can help or send me to a video that will
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Go to your start menu>All Programs>MX Simulator>MX Simulator Personal Folder The .trackinfo files should be there.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
MX4EVER
Team: MXS-Concept.com

Post by MX4EVER »

Question about the ban file. Is it loaded like the args file when you start the server ?
If yes, is that correct you can't unban someone without restarting the server ? Or does a ban command again with 1 minute for exemple will override the lifetime ban (0 [UID]) ?

If not I'll put delays next time.
Niko | Mouk Lab | Admin of MXS-Concept // MyMXB // MXBikes-Shop // among others. | YouTube
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It reads the ban file every time someone connects.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
MX4EVER

Post by MX4EVER »

jlv wrote:It reads the ban file every time someone connects.
Awesome.
Niko | Mouk Lab | Admin of MXS-Concept // MyMXB // MXBikes-Shop // among others. | YouTube
Bloomracing#15

Post by Bloomracing#15 »

Hey guys. ive been working on this for a while and need some help. So i got everything setup, including setting up the args file and the bat file, i also set up a static ip address and forwarded the 19800 port to my computer (which is ubuntu). Now i think my only probelm is actually knowing how to run the server. I have the bat file and args file in the original mxserver file which is located in my "home" file. There are two mxservers, one being mxserver.exe which is for windows and one is mxserver for linux correct? when i click on the linux one nothing happens. and when i double click my .bat file all it does is open a text window, not run anything, and if i left click the .bat file i do not have the option to "run as administrator". I also have not checked to see if my port is open because the program linked in this tutorial is for windows only. I can provide pictures of things if needed. Thanks
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The bat file is for Windows. There's no script for the Linux version but you can check the README.TXT file for some examples. (They're the last thing in the file.)
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Bloomracing#15

Post by Bloomracing#15 »

Thank you JLV. It is up and running. I also found this link useful. [url]http://mxshelp.flowtechmxs.com/running- ... d-vps/[url]
BrandonEenink
Team: Benno Kox Motosports

Post by BrandonEenink »

il did allllll those things and still didnt want to shows the server at mxsimulator.com
how can i fix this?

Uploading Results to Stats Page:
This will tell you how to have the results from races uploaded to the main stats site.

First download curl:
64-Bit Windows- Download
32-Bit Windows- Download
Then just place it in your server folder with everything else.
Next make another batch file, name it anything you want. In it put:
CODE: SELECT ALL
curl -s -F "name=your ip " -F "password=a password" -F "results=<results.txt" http://mxsimulator.com/uploadresults.php

Keep all of the double quotes, but replace 'yourip' with your ip address (http://ipchicken.com), make a password (you'll need to keep using it, just don't change it).
Now open your args file again and add:
CODE: SELECT ALL
--results-cmd Results_Upload.bat

Rename 'Results_Upload.bat' to whatever you named your batch file.

That's all you have to do, start you server and make sure it runs.
Tagger Designs
3rd MXON individual
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

I got this figured out now with the upload results for windows. However my server shows up in the list, but my records won't update in the "stats for all servers". Is this because of the password is "incorrect" or is it something else?
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Nope there isn't anything wrong on your end, the "stats for all servers" only applies to the elsinore servers.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

yzmxer608 wrote:Nope there isn't anything wrong on your end, the "stats for all servers" only applies to the elsinore servers.
Ah okay, had a guess that it was the case. Almost misleading with "all" servers than. Thanks for the reply!
MX4EVER

Post by MX4EVER »

Hi guys I got another question.
I think it's not possible at the moment to ban someone to chat only. JLV, do you think we can imagine in a future version to add as a param to do it ?
i.e. server,ban X Y Z where X is the UID, Y the duration, and for exemple as Z 0=all, 1=chat only ?

I know it's a bit strange. But I'm tired of these boys telling some shit.......Please....Let us shet'em up.
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

MX4EVER wrote:Hi guys I got another question.
I think it's not possible at the moment to ban someone to chat only. JLV, do you think we can imagine in a future version to add as a param to do it ?
i.e. server,ban X Y Z where X is the UID, Y the duration, and for exemple as Z 0=all, 1=chat only ?

I know it's a bit strange. But I'm tired of these boys telling some shit.......Please....Let us shet'em up.
Server,mute {uid}
MX4EVER

Post by MX4EVER »

dbaum25moto wrote:
MX4EVER wrote:Hi guys I got another question.

Server,mute {uid}
Ho really ? I thought this command was obsolete. I'll check it on monday, the next racing day. Thanks