Mxserver Tutorial

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Re: Mxserver Tutorial

Postby LKR47 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:14 am

Quick question. I cant run servers at school so one of my buddies said he'd host one so we can mess around on it. I set it all up for him through teamviewer and everything works properly as it should. He doesn't really know any commands so I figured I'd just use packet sender with some of the commands I've set up but change the destination. Every time I send a command though it said it was ignored from the remote (me). I was just wondering if there was another arg I needed to set up or something to be able to control remotely for future ref?

Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Postby Wahlamt » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:46 am

Are you sending the packages remote from an external IP? I'm pretty sure the sim server only accepts packages from localhost.

LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Postby LKR47 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:31 am

Wahlamt wrote:Are you sending the packages remote from an external IP? I'm pretty sure the sim server only accepts packages from localhost.

Yep, was sending the packets from my IP to his. If they only run over localhost then that makes sense because everything was setup up properly like it should. Thanks for the info!
I'm going to write a little script that listens for remote commands and runs them on local host if the proper credentials are supplied maybe through ssh. Could be useful for somebody in the future if they're running a server remotely.

yzmxer608
Team: Race Tech/SD

Postby yzmxer608 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:02 pm

That would be cool!

I can't remember if I've posted this before or not, but I have a problem on my server that others can't connect to it (contacting server) unless I'm in the server already. Anyone else see this happen before?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.

Mike733
Team: Privateer

Postby Mike733 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:26 pm

When I press on the mxserver.exe nothing opens? How can I open it?

Wahlamt

Postby Wahlamt » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:48 am

Mike733 wrote:When I press on the mxserver.exe nothing opens? How can I open it?

Run "runserver.bat" :)

Wahlamt

Postby Wahlamt » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:41 pm

I'll leave this here in case anyone wants to set up a server on a Linux system via command line interface.

yzmxer608
Team: Race Tech/SD

Postby yzmxer608 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:58 pm

Thanks! Added to the first post. :D
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.

Return to “General Discussion”