Mxserver Tutorial

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Showtime

Re: Mxserver Tutorial

Post by Showtime »

sorry for the double post, but i can get into my server and use it but when i send my IP and port to other players it will only continuously say "contacting server" for them. how can this problem be resolved?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Are you forwarding port 19800 to the PC running the server?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Showtime

Post by Showtime »

im using port number 19805 in the file, and im using this computer to attempt and forward it, what exact general steps should be followed? (not every step but just the overall major points)
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Read this part again:
yzmxer608 wrote:Troubleshooting Connecting:
If people can't join your server there could be a couple things wrong.
  • The first is you have a firewall that is blocking them. You will have to let mx.exe be an exception to your firewall (every firewall is different, if you don't know how just search the internet).
  • A second possibility could be that you have to forward your router's ports for the port you are using for your server. To do this go to Port Forward. This website will NOT forward the ports for you, it will just tell you steps to take to do it. Find your router brand and model in the list, if you don't know the model take a look on your router and you should find a model number/name. That will take you to a page with the names of a bunch of programs, since the mxserver.exe is not listed just click some random program, we just need the directions for your router model.
  • Follow the directions until you get to the part where you enter the port forward parameters. When you get to that point select the UDP protocol and change it's port from 19800 to 19800 (or whatever port number you used in your args file). It doesn't matter what name you choose, I suggest mxserver so you will know which one it is later if you ever need to edit it. After that save the changes and you should be Ok.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Showtime

Post by Showtime »

do i have to go to someplace called himachi?
Showtime

Post by Showtime »

someone on public severs told me that u have to have a himachi account in order to have your own server or use a private server, is this true? (sorry for the double post)
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

You don't have to do anything with Hamachi at all. You can use it's guide as a guideline to see how to get into your router's firewall, though.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Showtime

Post by Showtime »

when i give an IP address to another player, do i give them my computers IP or my routers IP?
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Whatever you get from http://ipchicken.com.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Showtime

Post by Showtime »

ok thats what ive been giving people but they say the server says "Contacting Server"
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Hamachi servers are much simpler.If you would like to make one,PM me.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

Is there a way to host a server but not on your pc/conection like you would have to pay for it I would assume so how much would it be does anyone know ?
Showtime

Post by Showtime »

u can do it free by clicking here
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

will it still run on my internet connection ?

Thanks

Joe
FactoryBR21
Team: Privateer

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Man, you really didn't understand joes question... thats hamachi it will just simulate a lan so it will still using your computer internet aswell
Well joe , you must look into games' server host and talk if they would like to rent you a server with MX Simulator because i dobout they have a mxs server to rent already :)
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.