Havent played MX Sim in years...

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
AJC396
Team: Carcaramo Racing

Havent played MX Sim in years...

Post by AJC396 »

Hello all.

I'm in need of some help. Long story short a few years ago while playing MX Sim, my computer crashed I lost literally everything for MX Sim. Now, I'd like to get back into the game.

I know these are some pretty simple questions, but I can't find a way to run Sim on a Mac? I had a PC at the time and I had everything down (how to do everything), now with Mac I'm not so sure on things. Also, I couldn't find anything but It's probably slapping me in the face but I need some help finding bike set ups? Also all the other settings as well.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Re: Havent played MX Sim in years...

Post by LKR47 »

Welcome back.
About a year ago I made a follow up tutorial on how to install mxs on a mac that should still be relevant. Once you get it installed you can proceed to download the snapshots to get current with what is available for online play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFk-IIRPTJM
AJC396

Post by AJC396 »

LKR47 wrote:Welcome back.
About a year ago I made a follow up tutorial on how to install mxs on a mac that should still be relevant. Once you get it installed you can proceed to download the snapshots to get current with what is available for online play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFk-IIRPTJM
Massive help with that, works perfectly! Thank you very much man, just fired it up and i got the itch again :lol:
AJC396

Post by AJC396 »

Not sure if anyone else is playing with a Mac, but I got Sim to work using WineBottler. I just have a problem with trying to get some downloads to work (2017 SX tracks, gear, helmet, and some models). I only have one folder for Sim, just program files. Anyone know how to fix this?
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

You should be fine with just putting tracks and stuff in the install folder. Are you making sure you arent dragging and dropping into another folder creating sub folders?
Tanner Rogers
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

What kind of problems are you having when trying to install stuff?
Tanner Rogers
AJC396

Post by AJC396 »

motokid499 wrote:What kind of problems are you having when trying to install stuff?
I think I've got most of them sorted out now, the only problem I really have now is trying to get one of the models to show up in game, and whenever I try to connect to 19801 it says that the client isn't the same or something like that, and then disconnects. Never had that problem before just not sure why
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

AJC396 wrote: I think I've got most of them sorted out now, the only problem I really have now is trying to get one of the models to show up in game, and whenever I try to connect to 19801 it says that the client isn't the same or something like that, and then disconnects. Never had that problem before just not sure why
You probably need to get the new snapshots + files. I think You have to get them in chronological order from 1.10.