PC Stuff

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Re: PC Stuff

Post by motokid499 »

froman459 wrote:
Pumaxcs wrote:Also, how did you get it to $786?
I hadn't added the build option in there yet.
With a decent monitor and keyboard/mouse combo the total came out to 1016.00

A few people have told me to upgrade to 16gb on the ram, is that necessary?
8gb will be enough for mx simulator, no need for 16gb if you only plan on using it to play mxs.

@puma, why a single 8gb stick? why not 2x4?
Tanner Rogers
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

motokid499 wrote:
froman459 wrote:

8gb will be enough for mx simulator, no need for 16gb if you only plan on using it to play mxs.

@puma, why a single 8gb stick? why not 2x4?
The 2x4GB wasn't in stock, the next best 2x4 was like $15 more. While I agree in going dual channel in this case it wasn't worth waiting/paying more.
froman459 wrote:

Ah ok, that makes sense. You don't have to get the kb/m or monitor from there. You can shop around on NewEgg or Amazon to try and find a better price. RAM amount isn't anything to worry with games. Considering what I priced is a single stick if you find you do one day need 16, just buy another stick and upgrade yourself.

AMD is always budget friendly, its been the one thing keeping them alive. Performance is one they are keeping close to the chest but I'd almost guarantee they will have cheaper options.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
froman459
Team: Privateer

Post by froman459 »

I do believe I'll wait on the launch of the new AMD stuff and see how its priced. My lap top runs ok, but when I get in with 20+ bikes I get some serious lag.
Thanks everyone!
459|Noob
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Thats fine. Make a post here to remind me or PM me and I'll make another list when the time comes.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The leaked prices look crazy cheap. Should be awesome if it really does compete with Intel's single thread performance.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/antonyleath ... f5d5776e7c
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

froman459 wrote:This is my first PC game, I'm playing on a decent laptop, but I want to get into the racing series'.
I would like to go pre built, and stay in the $1000.00 area cause I know nothing about PC's. I dont really have the time or knowledge to build my own cause I work like 60+ hours per week.
Basically I'm wanting to know what specs to look for, and what kinda pre built companies to look into. Hope I posted in the right place.
Thanks in advance!!!
Before you buy anything, do yourself a favor and send an email over to john@versuspc.com. He's in the MXS community and has some budget friendly options to get you setup with what you need with the budget you have to work with. Plus, you're talking straight to the owner, so if you need anything additional support after, he's here to help.
froman459

Post by froman459 »

checkerz wrote:
froman459 wrote:This is my first PC game, I'm playing on a decent laptop, but I want to get into the racing series'.
I would like to go pre built, and stay in the $1000.00 area cause I know nothing about PC's. I dont really have the time or knowledge to build my own cause I work like 60+ hours per week.
Basically I'm wanting to know what specs to look for, and what kinda pre built companies to look into. Hope I posted in the right place.
Thanks in advance!!!
Before you buy anything, do yourself a favor and send an email over to john@versuspc.com. He's in the MXS community and has some budget friendly options to get you setup with what you need with the budget you have to work with. Plus, you're talking straight to the owner, so if you need anything additional support after, he's here to help.
man you don't know how much I appreciate that, it took me forever to remember the site, and then when I finally found it yesterday it said they were down! I'll be in contact ASAP!
This community has been great to me so far, you dudes are cool.
459|Noob
froman459

Post by froman459 »

I'm gonna try to bring this thread back to life, that puma dude is the bomb for being so responsive about tech stuff.
So I had a decent setup thanks to puma, had to sell it so I could handle some family business. My budget has changed quite a bit, it needs to be as low as possible. Bare minimum for sim only.
Any help is appreciated!
459|Noob
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/y9grNN

My boy Paul has the cheapest build guide and testing PC that does 1080p/60fps on most games. I included the PCPP link that I went through and made a few changes as the prices have fluctuated so I just corrected the cheapest brand, overall parts remain the same. He claims $525 but he went 128GB SSD and didn't include Windows. I went 1TB HDD and included Windows and thats the reason for slight price difference. If you still have your previous Windows key then use that. I'd recommend getting the fans/splitter since the case only has 1 fan included but that is your budgets call.
MXS Cares
froman459

Post by froman459 »

Man I appreciate all your help!
I'm hoping to get a set up going before the weather gets cold here so I can really dive into this game!
459|Noob
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

If you're trying to stay low cost and your only priority for the computer is MXS, I would highly recommend an Intel i3 7350k over a Ryzen 1300.
Tanner Rogers