Very New to everything about this game, some help?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Steeler8820
Team: Privateer

Very New to everything about this game, some help?

Post by Steeler8820 »

I haven't rode a bike since i was 8, always been very involved in Supercross, and while you don't want my lifestory ill keep it at that.

I recently have gotten more into video games, and would love some insight on this game. I just boght MX V.S ATV Encore for Xbox One, and wish i didn't as i saw a couple of videos from "Start Your System" and i believe his name is Kellen Brauer or something along those lines.

So onto my questions.

If i buy this game, how long will it take me to be a consistent rider? Obviously practice makes perfect, but how do you even play this game? Is it just using your keyboard? A certain controller?

How does the supercross season work? Is it like regular supercross as far as qualifying goes? Only so many can make the main obviously, how many can sign up for a season?

I saw the qualifying stuff from watching quite a few of Kellen's videos, but would like some more clarification on this. I realize you have to pay money to compete.

If i have a decent laptop, do i need more than that to run this game well?

Im sure i have some more questions, as this game seems to be beyond my question capability at this point, and seems like the opportunities are endless.If someone can point me in direction of a "noobie" thread or an experienced member of the community it would be much appreciated! I know with other games i laugh when i see noobs who have no idea what they are doing, but this game just seems insane to me. Take it i am a millennial, so i grew up with technology and can get a decent grasp of things pretty quickly, but definitely needing some help here today. Thank you for any future help!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Very New to everything about this game, some help?

Post by jlv »

I'd recommend trying the demo first. The game is definitely not for everyone.

http://mxsimulator.com/download.html
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Steeler8820

Post by Steeler8820 »

jlv wrote:I'd recommend trying the demo first. The game is definitely not for everyone.

http://mxsimulator.com/download.html

Pulled the trigger and bought it. Was up for the challenge so I figured why not. Got into a discord with a couple faces on here, and rode with them for about 2 hours and already learned a ton. Great community!
cale726
Team: ks1999

Post by cale726 »

If i buy this game, how long will it take me to be a consistent rider? Obviously practice makes perfect, but how do you even play this game? Is it just using your keyboard? A certain controller?
-------------------------------
Quite a while. its fun to play once your decent, ive been playing the game for around 8 months and im decent jk im not that bad. will take some getting used to. Setups are very useful so make sure u try to make a few friends that can give you a setup. loose or stiff, you'll find out later on what you'd like. the first 2 weeks i could barley do laps. but i still play and enjoy it.. also a controller is the way to go, there are a few fast keyboarders, but most of the guys i know use controllers, xbox 360 wired. i run this one. https://www.amazon.com/POWER-Wired-Cont ... controller
How does the supercross season work? Is it like regular supercross as far as qualifying goes? Only so many can make the main obviously, how many can sign up for a season?
Tracks password comes out 1 hour from the race time. you have 55 minutes to qualify. yes 25$ to race, novice class is free (i suggest you try after u play and get used to the game) Check out everything here, http://www.racefactorygaming.com/ Wait to make a account on racefactory as you will need some mx simulator in game information to have a successful account
you can almost play the game on a potato. but it will be ugly. once you get settings figured you will find out what graphics are just perfect for your computer.
Red is my answer, yes my english is worst than a 5 year olds.
jlv wrote:This unban is going to last maybe two days...
I figured I'd give him a chance after winning the 450 main. Bad idea I know.
Steeler8820

Post by Steeler8820 »

cale726 wrote:If i buy this game, how long will it take me to be a consistent rider? Obviously practice makes perfect, but how do you even play this game? Is it just using your keyboard? A certain controller?
Quite a while. its fun to play once your decent, ive been playing the game for around 8 months and im decent jk im not that bad. will take some getting used to. Setups are very useful so make sure u try to make a few friends that can give you a setup. loose or stiff, you'll find out later on what you'd like. the first 2 weeks i could barley do laps. but i still play and enjoy it.. also a controller is the way to go, there are a few fast keyboarders, but most of the guys i know use controllers, xbox 360 wired. i run this one. https://www.amazon.com/POWER-Wired-Cont ... controller
Tracks password comes out 1 hour from the race time. you have 55 minutes to qualify. yes 25$ to race, novice class is free (i suggest you try after u play and get used to the game) Check out everything here, http://www.racefactorygaming.com/ Wait to make a account on racefactory as you will need some mx simulator in game information to have a successful account
you can almost play the game on a potato. but it will be ugly. once you get settings figured you will find out what graphics are just perfect for your computer.
Red is my answer, yes my english is worst than a 5 year olds.

Damn thanks man. Just about everything I wanted to know. Appreciate the help! Yeah I bought the game and it seems I have very connecrion somehow lol