MXSIM Mod Manager (Hotfix 0.2.2.1)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Ethan87

MXSIM Mod Manager (Hotfix 0.2.2.1)

Post by Ethan87 »

MXSIM: Mod Manager was created simply to streamline the process of managing content for MX Simulator

0.2.2.1 Is a hotfix release

I probably should have mentioned this at release, but I've noticed major supercross track releases are packed in RAR format, and sometimes password protected. Due to the library's used in MXSIM Mod Manager, automatic password unpacking is impossible for RAR archives, but possible for ZIP archives. If you attempted to install a RAR mod that is password protected, the install would continue, but the actual files would be corrupt. Until mod authors decide to switch from the useless RAR format to ZIP archiving, you will have to unpack the RAR mod manually, and install the files that way.

I understand this is frustrating, as most mod authors decide to use the RAR format + Encryption, but I simply do not have the knowledge or time to create an API which handles RAR archives.

If anybody has any knowledge of handling RAR archives in C#, and would like to fix this problem, PM me!

This hotfix adds encrypted ZIP archive support. If you attempt to install a ZIP mod which is password protected, you will be prompted to enter the password of the archive before the installation can continue.

1) Open MXSIM Mod Manager.exe

2) Set your MX Simulator root directory, or if you're using your personal folder, select that and check the "personal folder" checkbox - Click the save button

3) Click the installer tab and install mods into either the 3 default databases, or custom databases you created

Below are detailed screenshots displaying each function of MXSIM Mod Manager

I've spent many many hours working on something that I think people will enjoy and benefit from, I know it's not perfect, but it's free and I plan to actively support its development. Any size of donation is highly appreciated and donors will be added to the credits. Thank you!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... aNonHosted

Please report any bugs to me ASAP

https://mega.nz/#!FQhXUZwC!ZUyGNDTWka7m ... O3h5kuAiSg

Alpha 0.1.5
-Added option to delete file after installation
-Added default page setting
-Added database manager page (no functionality)
-Added Launch MX Simulator page
Alpha 0.1.6
-Added Working command line options
-Added "Personal Folder" option in settings
-Added "Always delete file after install" option to installer page
-Lock FPS value is now persistent
Alpha 0.1.7
-Added partial functionality to Database manager
-Added ability to create a custom database
-Added ability to open mxs directory
-Fixed bugs
Alpha 0.1.7.1
-Database is properly deleted after removal
-Moved "open mxs directory" button to settings page
-Code slightly polished
Alpha 0.2
-Reworked custom database handling
Alpha 0.2.1
*Backup option does not work with large mods (multi-foldered/filed tracks) *This is due to Sharpcompress
-Gear, Track and Bike databases now reside in "default_databases" folder
-MXS Directory is now handled with program settings, not a text file
-Changed exe icon to be grey
-Several bug fixes
Alpha 0.2.2
-Added option to hide default databases
-Added option to reset settings
-Optimized code
Alpha 0.2.2.1
-Added support for encrypted zip archives
Last edited by Ethan87 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mxs Racer 303

Re: MXSIM Mod Manager Release

Post by Mxs Racer 303 »

Looks cool
Mxs Racer 303

Post by Mxs Racer 303 »

LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

Been waiting to try this out. Thanks for developing it!
Ethan87

Post by Ethan87 »

LKR47 wrote:Been waiting to try this out. Thanks for developing it!
You're welcome! If you have any problems, contact me.
GHarlan
Crushed Dissenter

Post by GHarlan »

Absolutely insane man :D :D :D . Just a question, is the fps lock supposed to work online? Right now it doesn't but I am curious.
Ethan87

Post by Ethan87 »

GHarlan wrote:Is the fps lock supposed to work online? Right now it doesn't but I am curious.
I'm honestly not sure, you can give it a try if you like.
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

I found one bug. When unpacking a rar into the tracks database I got a crash but I can't seem to recreate it. Only happened once out of the 15 times I used it.
Also, is there a feature to read the existing directory and organize what we already have?
Ethan87

Post by Ethan87 »

LKR47 wrote:I found one bug. When unpacking a rar into the tracks database I got a crash but I can't seem to recreate it. Only happened once out of the 15 times I used it.
Also, is there a feature to read the existing directory and organize what we already have?

Send me the track you're trying to install and I'll look into it tomorrow, also I've been brainstorming on how I could create something that reads an existing modded directory. Thanks!
LKR47

Post by LKR47 »

Ethan87 wrote: Send me the track you're trying to install and I'll look into it tomorrow, also I've been brainstorming on how I could create something that reads an existing modded directory. Thanks!
Oh it worked the second time I tried it. Have you implemented crash logs yet? I could send you that if so.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Ethan87 wrote:
GHarlan wrote:Is the fps lock supposed to work online? Right now it doesn't but I am curious.
I'm honestly not sure, you can give it a try if you like.
The fps lock does not work online. Since offline you can play with pushing 400 frames in "1 second" for the game, while online you still need to be at the same speed as everyone else.
Ethan87

Post by Ethan87 »

LKR47 wrote:
Ethan87 wrote: Send me the track you're trying to install and I'll look into it tomorrow, also I've been brainstorming on how I could create something that reads an existing modded directory. Thanks!
Oh it worked the second time I tried it. Have you implemented crash logs yet? I could send you that if so.
I plan on adding logging ability in the future.

How did MXSIM:MM crash exactly? Any error messages? If you encounter another crash and an error message shows, take a screenshot and send it to me.

Other than that, I hope you're enjoying it!

Last bumped by Ethan87 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:03 am.