suggestion about warmup mode

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
kustom

suggestion about warmup mode

Post by kustom »

hey guys was thinking when i was just in game i missed the start by like less than a lap putting me in warm up moce.
i think i would be good to have it as, if u overtake last place it can pull u out of warmup mode and you are in the race?cause if u can be botherd to catch up with last place u wanna race saves alot of restarts?
what do u think
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Re: suggestion about warmup mode

Post by Sweendoggy »

That is a good idea. However, people should just let that one race go. Just try to catch up, and practice in warm up mode. It isn't a big deal, you are only missing one race, which you actually get to ride in still, just no results. People beg for a restart if they've missed the start by less than a lap, or even when people are on the starting line. Just be patient, if the majority doesn't want to restart, then wait 5 minutes, it's no big deal. Do what I do, I join the server, and then go grab a snack/drink, and just chill, maybe ride a lap to get warmed up, then race in the next race. The world is SO impatient these days.

I say that because it would seem that it would be hard for JLV to code the game to do that, because it would probably lag out the server, and create a ton of bugs entering you into the race late...Computers aren't smart like humans, the timing gates, and all the numbers that are used to keep track of the race positions would get jacked up. I'm not a professional game coder, but with my limited comp. science knowledge, it would be a big headache to save a few people 5 or 10 minutes or waiting (riding in warm up).
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

oh and also, there is a thread called, game suggestions, this would fall into that category. Just a tip before you get flamed by the mods.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

You missed the start, bad luck.
kustom

Post by kustom »

wow just a suggestion thats all no need to get all pissed off.
JohnnyMac
Team: Privateer

Post by JohnnyMac »

I dont read anything indicating anger here. Are you in a grumpy mood Kustom? :wink:

As for the suggestion, no offense, but bad idea. Its not fair that a rider with no bike to bike collisions to suddenly be in the race. That rider had no problem picking best line right through the first turn mess. The second issue, is when do you switch the rider from ghost to real? Everyone else has no clue of the other racer. If theres a pack and rider suddenly pops into race, thats unfair to anyone who setup a line.

So really, its just up to the racers. You ask and sometimes you get a restart and other times you dont. What really pisses me off is the bitches that cry the entire race for restart. Grow a pair, its 10 minutes out of your 8 hours of gaming for the day. :roll:
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

JohnnyMac wrote:What really pisses me off is the bitches that cry the entire race for restart. Grow a pair, its 10 minutes out of your 8 hours of gaming for the day. :roll:
QFT

That annoys me to no end. If I had any mod superpowers it'd be kickban to anyone requesting restart twice in one race. :lol:
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

Shadow wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:What really pisses me off is the bitches that cry the entire race for restart. Grow a pair, its 10 minutes out of your 8 hours of gaming for the day. :roll:
QFT

That annoys me to no end. If I had any mod superpowers it'd be kickban to anyone requesting restart twice in one race. :lol:
I don't know what QTF means but I agree with what Johnny said. People like knapp sit there and whine and cry to get into a race and then they quit halfway through the moto.
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

QFT = quoted for truth
I agree, the most annoying things online is when someone rage quits, joins back and then starts a request for restart. Luckily the restart votes usually fail, unless there's many of these goons.
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Vellu wrote:when someone rage quits, joins back and then starts a request for restart.
That does describe Knapp. Come on Knapp, try and deny it
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I thought it meant Quite ***'in True :lol:.

I don't ride online a whole lot but almost every time I do there are people like that.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.