1.11 update

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
HometownHero
Team: Hitachi REVO

Re: 1.11 update

Post by HometownHero »

yes. its weird it will let me install 1.10 again but it wont let me click next when i try to install 1.11
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

With Crossover different apps each get their own separate filesystem, which they call "bottles". When you run the update Crossover makes a new bottle for it which prevents it from seeing the original install that you want it to update. I believe it's possible to run the update on the bottle where 1.10 is installed but I don't have instructions for it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
matias
Team: Privateer

Post by matias »

Congratulations josh and think that it will be 10 years the mxsimulator and still continue improving
Phathry25 wrote: everyone has to start somewhere and if theres no available templates they have three options, ripping, kissing your ass, or making their own template.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

This November 2nd will be 10 years Matias.
jlv wrote:Hello folks and welcome to mxsimulator.com!

MX Simulator is nearly finished, but it's not too late to make changes. Tell me the good, bad and ugly so I can improve it and make this the best motocross game ever.

Thanks for visiting!
-Josh

by jlv
Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:04 am

jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Norcal_51
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Norcal_51 »

Considering MX Simulator is "nearly finished", does that mean we should expect to not see any new features? Other than minor tweaks here and there, the game really has not changed much in 6-7 years, while other games and gaming in general have come monumental distances in that time. I think many of us can agree that MXS was a complete revolution to motocross gaming, however, year to year it falls further behind modern games and especially 'simulators'. I mean, it's been 10 years and you can't even look back, there is really no 1st person adjustments or head lean options, no tire choices, and many other features that are just common sense in games these days. I find it hard to believe that they can't be implemented. This community (rF and content creators) are the ONLY reason this game still exists, and are responsible for almost all sales since around 2010, yet no work is put in to repay them or the people who buy the game? Even MX-bikes (still in beta) has 10 times the features of MXS, including full adjustments of onboard cameras, VR support, tire choice, visible sag setups, tearoffs, look back, weather, erode, tire wear, and the list goes on. I'm guessing it's more of a "whos cares, if people are buying it", than an impossibility. I've been here longer than most anyone else, and truly hope to see this game start to progress, but if not, I'd rather see rF, the track creators, and content creators (who actually sell this game) go somewhere else, where there efforts would be more appreciated and have a better future. Just my 2 cents.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

No complaints here. I personally don't think the physics look any better on games like MXGP or Reflex or whatever you're comparing it to, is it better than sim? Yeah, but I wouldn't want jlv to put his focus towards graphics over the awesome racing and physics that his game provides. Personally, I don't care if he doesn't update it very much from here on out. All we need is good racing and good tracks and 90% of us are satisfied with that.
Norcal_51

Post by Norcal_51 »

I agree. MXS physics are still far and above anything else yet, but the racing, models, tracks, etc. are completely community generated, so why does the game and features not progress as well? DD, you've been here forever as well, you wouldn't like to see modern 'sim' features? The graphics are more than fine, even though the game still only runs on 1 core, I would just like to see the game stay modern as far as features go, because it has so much history and backing, that if it stays modern and progresses (beyond community upgrades), there is probably no game that can take it's crown, but if say MX-Bikes suddenly had the seamless online play and amazing physics MXS has (though it is getting better fast), it would start to draw many people in. I want JLV and MXS to forever remain the G.O.A.T, I'm just saying it requires progression.

Oh, and MXGP or MVA could never even be in the conversation or the same league :wink: , but for the first time ever, MXS does have an upcoming competitor, though I'm saying not anything he doesn't know, cause he has been dabbling with MXB himself. :lol:
TeamHavocRacing

If you've been around forever, then you should already understand why JLV isn't going to start from scratch all over again. MX Bikes needs to do the same thing to compete with MXS. Neither are going to happen.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Norcal_51

Post by Norcal_51 »

Start from scratch? By that logic, once a game is first released it can never be updated again... which is not the case. Some of the more recent updates to this game was improving Arcade Physics, and adding a search function, which did not require a rebuild of the entire game. So before you reply to a post, you should understand the topic of discussion, and use any game or program you have ever used to understand that games/ programs can certainly be modified and have new features added. It's not like I'm saying we need a new graphics engine.
TM_Infidel
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by TM_Infidel »

If i was chief i'd hire a local crew of worthy creators and focus on "MXSimulator 2" to keep it miles ahead of the competition. That's not impossible as others have realized.
TeamHavocRacing

Norcal_51 wrote:So before you reply to a post, you should understand the topic of discussion.
Lol! I'd say you need to understand the topic you brought up yourself. Obviously you don't understand what you are asking for. You claim many things in your first post and seem to think that you rang the official death knell for MXS. :roll: Phew! Thanks for the heads up Nostradamus!
Prada

Post by Prada »

You get a fur! You get a fur!
You get a jet! You get a jet! Big booty bitch for you! Woo!

Norcal_51

Post by Norcal_51 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
Norcal_51 wrote:So before you reply to a post, you should understand the topic of discussion.
Lol! I'd say you need to understand the topic you brought up yourself. Obviously you don't understand what you are asking for. You claim many things in your first post and seem to think that you rang the official death knell for MXS. :roll: Phew! Thanks for the heads up Nostradamus!
Sorry, but once again your post makes absolutely no sense, nor does it supply any information to back up your argument. :roll: I'm simply saying that the game is most certainly capable of implementing new features, so why not add them!? Is that elementary enough for you?
TeamHavocRacing

Just don't worry too much about MXB killing Sim anytime soon. That was the main gist of your first post and now you're walking back your comments.
uhTLR
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by uhTLR »

jlv wrote:This update will patch version 1.10 up to version 1.11. This is for the full version, not the demo version.

Windows users: mxsimulator-1_11-update.exe
Linux users (untar this in your install directory): mxsimulator-1_11-linux-x86-update.tar.gz

Changes since 1.10:
  • Added 2016 250fs and 450fs.
  • Added 2017 250fs and 450fs.
  • Rising rate rear suspension.
  • Separate high/low speed damping adjusters.
  • Now uses spline interpolation in keycam mode.
  • Added 'readkeys' and 'writekeys' commands for saving keycam setups.
  • Added graphs that show suspension speed and position. Use "/togglegraph" to activate.
  • Added /togglespeed command to display speed in MPH.
  • You can now search in most multiple choice fields in the menus by typing in them.
  • New controller axis detection code to detect axes that have non-zero resting positions.
  • Slimmer handlebar collision file.
  • The rider is now 1.5 times harder to knock off the bike when falling less than 5 feet.
  • New default settings for easier handling.
  • Arcade physics now let the bike fly naturally when it has enough air time.
The client version is now 25. So if you run a server you'll have to use --min-version 25 to require this version.

Prior updates:
Version 1.10:: Windows, Linux
Version 1.9: Windows, Linux
Version 1.8: Windows, Linux
Version 1.7: Windows, Linux
Version 1.6: Windows, Linux
Version 1.5: Windows, Linux
Version 1.4: Windows, Linux
Version 1.3: Windows, Linux
Version 1.2: Windows, Linux
Version 1.1: Windows, Linux
This does not work for me....It wont let me to continue to install once I choose location o install it in. Anybody know why??