Moving elsinore server

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Moving elsinore server

Post by jlv »

I'm going to move elsinore to a different server tonight. I just changed the DNS record now but it'll take 4 hours for the old address to clear the DNS caches. If you're desperate to get in you can use thedumps.mxsimulator.com which is now the same server.

I changed the layout a bit while I was at it. Now it's 00 - stock, 01 - nationals, 02 - GP, 03 - SX 2011-2013, 04 - SX 2014-2016.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: Moving elsinore server

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Was 04 the hell for perma-banned crushed dissenters?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

May take a bit of time to migrate the server, but this is a GREAT change up for the most heavily used servers sim has - and, at least in part, something many people have asked for over the last season or two.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Was 04 the hell for perma-banned crushed dissenters?
Yeah, 04 used to be the phantom zone. I stopped running it after a while since no one ever used it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
froman459
Team: Privateer

Post by froman459 »

is 01 going to be the 2016 nationals only? If so, that rules!
459|Noob
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

froman459 wrote:is 01 going to be the 2016 nationals only? If so, that rules!
01 was already for just 2016 nationals...little late to that one, only thing I see that changed at all as far as I have seen is the GP tracks getting their own server and then 03 being for just the 2011-2013 tracks instead of all the way from 2011-2016 I think it was, not sure if it had the 2016 or if it stopped at 2015, and then he added 04 for the 2014-2016 tracks which is basically what people have been asking him to do for a couple years now due to the traction on the 2011-2013 tracks being like ice for the most part. Personally I think this is a huge update as little of an update as it really is though. Thank you JLV, you're a GOD!!! (not meaning he is a god by any means but he is one if that makes sense to any of you)
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

jlv wrote:I'm going to move elsinore to a different server tonight. I just changed the DNS record now but it'll take 4 hours for the old address to clear the DNS caches. If you're desperate to get in you can use thedumps.mxsimulator.com which is now the same server.

I changed the layout a bit while I was at it. Now it's 00 - stock, 01 - nationals, 02 - GP, 03 - SX 2011-2013, 04 - SX 2014-2016.
Can only speak to 04 since that's only one I've really spent any time in, but the server performance seems to have diminished for some reason - could this be possible? I don't have exact numbers, but I have definitely noticed higher ping and offset compared to what I used to get in 03. Is this just an issue on my end, or is it possible that there could be something causing this after the changes?
Aggressively Mediocre Image
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I wouldn't have expected the ping to change much. The old server was in Secaucus, NJ and the new one is in Newark, NJ.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com