2017 outdoors?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
User avatar
Clfitty
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:49 am
Team: Madcape

Re: 2017 outdoors?

Postby Clfitty » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:05 am

checkerz wrote:
checkerz wrote:I was at 99.99% and then Justin Witteman decided to be an absolute fuck-lord...

If someone would like to ... nevermind.

Anyways, back to about 12%.


FYI - after recently speaking to Justin it was a legitimate issue and wasn't him trying to be a douche-nozzle. Full apologies for me putting my foot in my mouth on that.

And obvi nationals are a go - we've been getting things together. Details will be out around Vegas time.

Thursday pros, Sunday amateurs. Ride365.com Pro Nationals Powered by VersusPC and Amateur National Motocross Championships (sponsors still not determined on those yet if we're going to do sponsorship on them).


Thanks Chris. Seriously excited and thankful that you guys continue to host and provide the best series out there. Especially with all the dorks and their drama lately. Looking forward to those details.

User avatar
Tristan.Botteram
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:28 pm
Team: TMFR
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: 2017 outdoors?

Postby Tristan.Botteram » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:36 am

checkerz wrote:Unfortunately not a lot of answers for you guys. There is some interest and also some burn out for sure.

Peter's been nagging me to not go away when I keep swearing I don't want to do it lol... so tell me this...

Would you guys be interested if it is very minor (or even no) updates to the tracks?

what if it was run automated?

What is the value on that for you?

Not saying any of this is the direction we're going, just simply asking your thoughts.


Maybe the RF trackmaking crew is capable of update some parts of the '16 tracks if that's necessary for a replica.., and maybe change some decals based on the conditions of the racetrack.
Image

TiagoGomesMX
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:05 pm
Team: Fasthouse Co.
Location: Flerda

Re: 2017 outdoors?

Postby TiagoGomesMX » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:20 am

checkerz wrote:And obvi nationals are a go

:D :D :D :D :D :D
sethiemeboi wrote: congrats, you are now a communist.

TM_Infidel wrote:The breakfast of champions is not cereal, it's the opposition.

User avatar
RobertPink
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:49 pm
Team: SYS Racing
Location: Atlanta GA

Re: 2017 outdoors?

Postby RobertPink » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:39 pm

Tristan.Botteram wrote:
checkerz wrote:Unfortunately not a lot of answers for you guys. There is some interest and also some burn out for sure.

Peter's been nagging me to not go away when I keep swearing I don't want to do it lol... so tell me this...

Would you guys be interested if it is very minor (or even no) updates to the tracks?

what if it was run automated?

What is the value on that for you?

Not saying any of this is the direction we're going, just simply asking your thoughts.


Maybe the RF trackmaking crew is capable of update some parts of the '16 tracks if that's necessary for a replica.., and maybe change some decals based on the conditions of the racetrack.

Only problem with that is highpoint got a whole new layout

User avatar
checkerz
Posts: 8275
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:23 am
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: 2017 outdoors?

Postby checkerz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:43 pm

RobertPink wrote:Only problem with that is highpoint got a whole new layout


We've typically based our tracks (with a few exceptions) off the previous year's national track due to availability of proper reference to do a good job.

If we try to build new layouts without proper reference, we end up having to build large parts of tracks twice and we aren't able to be as accurate as we'd like anyways.

User avatar
Tristan.Botteram
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:28 pm
Team: TMFR
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: 2017 outdoors?

Postby Tristan.Botteram » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:49 pm

RobertPink wrote:
Tristan.Botteram wrote:
checkerz wrote:Unfortunately not a lot of answers for you guys. There is some interest and also some burn out for sure.

Peter's been nagging me to not go away when I keep swearing I don't want to do it lol... so tell me this...

Would you guys be interested if it is very minor (or even no) updates to the tracks?

what if it was run automated?

What is the value on that for you?

Not saying any of this is the direction we're going, just simply asking your thoughts.


Maybe the RF trackmaking crew is capable of update some parts of the '16 tracks if that's necessary for a replica.., and maybe change some decals based on the conditions of the racetrack.

Only problem with that is highpoint got a whole new layout

Yea rebuild that then.. i said update or change the track so i know it's a lot of work but is it one track or are there more ones out there that have a whole new layout?
Image

User avatar
SKlein
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:08 pm
Team: Evergood
Location: MN

Re: 2017 outdoors?

Postby SKlein » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:30 pm

Tristan.Botteram wrote:or are there more ones out there that have a whole new layout?

The Red Bud changes don't fit into "a whole new layout", but that's another one to consider.

User avatar
RobertPink
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:49 pm
Team: SYS Racing
Location: Atlanta GA

Re: 2017 outdoors?

Postby RobertPink » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:14 pm

Tristan.Botteram wrote:
RobertPink wrote:
Tristan.Botteram wrote:
Maybe the RF trackmaking crew is capable of update some parts of the '16 tracks if that's necessary for a replica.., and maybe change some decals based on the conditions of the racetrack.

Only problem with that is highpoint got a whole new layout

Yea rebuild that then.. i said update or change the track so i know it's a lot of work but is it one track or are there more ones out there that have a whole new layout?

I get that its just i think it was impervious stated(not for sure) that some nationals would get some touch ups and such, and i think there isn't a lot to go off of for the new highpoint.

User avatar
T_Frye127
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:15 am
Team: Volcom
Location: NW Indiana
Contact:

Re: 2017 outdoors?

Postby T_Frye127 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:32 pm

i think using some older tracks would be dope as well

maggett
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:05 pm
Team: Architech
Contact:

Re: 2017 outdoors?

Postby maggett » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:02 pm

T_Frye127 wrote:i think using some older tracks would be dope as well


ye that would be a cool idea just change some sections/ruts on some 15/14 tracks
Image

Ddavis
Posts: 16496
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:02 am
Team: DX3 Suzuki
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: 2017 outdoors?

Postby Ddavis » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:19 pm

It's only smart to use a 14/15 track if the layout is the same as 16/17.
'13 7th [W] '14 6th [E] 9th [450 MX] '15 9th [450 MX] '16 11th [450 MX] '17 7th [450 SX/MX]
NA 2 Podiums - 18 Top 5's - 92 Top 10's (Post-Muddy Creek)
EU 2015 450 Pro SX Main Event Win @ Phoenix

Mr. Wiggles
Posts: 691
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:41 pm
Team: MXGH/TGP

Re: 2017 outdoors?

Postby Mr. Wiggles » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:41 pm

Ddavis wrote:It's only smart to use a 14/15 track if the layout is the same as 16/17.

+1
#mosthatedoneinmxsim

Mxs Racer 303
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:43 am
Location: California

Re: 2017 outdoors?

Postby Mxs Racer 303 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 am

Well people might wonder.. "Who will be doing am?" "Will it be automated?"

Well your answer to that is a no. Ams will be run by scripts. I know the person that will be hosting too. :wink: :lol:

The Amateur for 2017 Outdoors will be ran by me. Yes, there may be up's and down's but i'm going to have help on Round 1 so I can get the ball rolling.

See all of you guys there!!

User avatar
Blake_901
Posts: 1850
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:41 am
Team: Evergood
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: 2017 outdoors?

Postby Blake_901 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:43 am

Why is this guy hosting instead of like Hegz or something?
Pm me for screenshots
James_122 wrote:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:What does Vanderlee say aboot all this?

Nothing any of us could understand. He just makes weird grunts/moans and points at his crotch.

User avatar
mxer433
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 3:19 am
Team: Rival Decal

Re: 2017 outdoors?

Postby mxer433 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:45 am

Mxs Racer 303 wrote:Well people might wonder.. "Who will be doing am?" "Will it be automated?"

Well your answer to that is a no. Ams will be run by scripts. I know the person that will be hosting too. :wink: :lol:

The Amateur for 2017 Outdoors will be ran by me. Yes, there may be up's and down's but i'm going to have help on Round 1 so I can get the ball rolling.

See all of you guys there!!

Oh
Image


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Phathry25 and 12 guests