2017 outdoors?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Re: 2017 outdoors?

Post by Clfitty »

checkerz wrote:This is from a few weeks ago before Peter started trying to pull at my heart strings and convince me to do outdoors. I still am not convinced, but zero interest is now at about 8% interest.

8% huh? I got a friend here that could bump that up to 20% easy....his name is Mr. George Washington...Image
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

Please don't go away :*( MX Sim needs you. We... need you..

ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

checkerz wrote:Unfortunately not a lot of answers for you guys. There is some interest and also some burn out for sure.

Peter's been nagging me to not go away when I keep swearing I don't want to do it lol... so tell me this...

Would you guys be interested if it is very minor (or even no) updates to the tracks?

what if it was run automated?

What is the value on that for you?

Not saying any of this is the direction we're going, just simply asking your thoughts.

Im fine with last years tracks tbh theres nothing wrong with them so why change them?
Xkxmotokid
Team: Full Throttle

Post by Xkxmotokid »

motokid499 wrote:My only concern with using the same tracks is all the tryhards lol, minor changes to the point where tryharding the old track wont help would be good.

I think we just need to convince jlv to add terrain deformation online and you guys could just flatten the tracks we'll be golden
100% Agree
RobertPink
Team: SYS Racing

Post by RobertPink »

Xkxmotokid wrote:
motokid499 wrote:My only concern with using the same tracks is all the tryhards lol, minor changes to the point where tryharding the old track wont help would be good.

I think we just need to convince jlv to add terrain deformation online and you guys could just flatten the tracks we'll be golden
100% Agree
100000% agree
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Correct me if I'm wrong but Erode doesn't have shadows right? I mean most people have a hard time seeing ruts/bumps in the first place so why would we want that?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Atom6246 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but Erode doesn't have shadows right? I mean most people have a hard time seeing ruts/bumps in the first place so why would we want that?
It'll reshade it the same way the editor would. If you have any baked on shading it'll be lost.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Post by Clfitty »

I mean, erode would be awesome....but what are the chances that would be working (if any) for outdoors JLV? That would be absolutely epic. Something about the 16 tracks and the suspensions I have been trying just don't agree. Random g-outs and certain bumps that murder you. Would be epic to see the tracks completely smoothed out and see them get gnarly over 30mins.
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

90% of my time playing mx simulator is spent in single player with erode. You cant get bored lol the track is always changing. So much more refreshing than tryharding a track and memorizing every bump
Tanner Rogers
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

RHYSHHS wrote:
Mr. Wiggles wrote:
RHYSHHS wrote:IS THIS COMMUNITY GETTING SHITTER I THINK IT IS I'VE HAD A BLAST ON HERE BUT AT THE SAME TIME THIS MX SIMULATOR COMMUNITY IS GETTING SHITTER
How so?

JUST IS[/quote]
prove it
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

jlv wrote: It'll reshade it the same way the editor would. If you have any baked on shading it'll be lost.
Would dynamic shadows cause issues in multiplayer? Cause that would be an awesome addition after online erosion
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

KaseoDip wrote:Please don't go away :*( MX Sim needs you. We... need you..

I'm not going away even if I don't do anything with Nationals. I just may not do nationals.

There are other capable people on the rF team too!

Still at 8% but I haven't talked to Peter in a couple days haha.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Do you need some persuasion from a MILF? ;)

Please do outdoors I love you long time
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

checkerz wrote:
KaseoDip wrote:Please don't go away :*( MX Sim needs you. We... need you..

I'm not going away even if I don't do anything with Nationals. I just may not do nationals.

There are other capable people on the rF team too!

Still at 80% but I haven't talked to Peter in a couple days haha.
He's been hiding from me!
Motocrosser_44
Team: MGFX

Post by Motocrosser_44 »

chex, we need u and everyone over at rf to stay and do nats for us. u guys did amazing jobs with the tracks last year and im sure everyone wants to c another great year of tracks here in 2017. c'mon man, do it again this year. we all want u and rf to do it again.
Albert Tranghese #44 | Tranghese Designs