2017 outdoors?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
T_Frye127
Team: Volcom

2017 outdoors?

Post by T_Frye127 »

curious if rF is doing nationals again this year. i plan on starting to get out team stuff together but dont want to do all that for no reason. i really hope that this is just a stupid question and of course there will be one but seems like you guys are getting kinda over it haha
Ddavis

Re: 2017 outdoors?

Post by Ddavis »

I've heard there isn't going to be an outdoor series but at the same time I've heard that about SX/MX each season since about 2013. I'd like to know as well, and also who the title sponsors will be if they do host outdoors so I can incorporate that into the "banner" of the skins for screenshots.
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

I know for certain that there is going to be a Keystone Mx series starting up here pretty soon, but it's primarily more of an Ams series as far as I've seen throughout the Sx season for it, basically run like how rF used to be run with the like week long qualifying if you're an Am but it goes for all classes.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Unfortunately not a lot of answers for you guys. There is some interest and also some burn out for sure.

Peter's been nagging me to not go away when I keep swearing I don't want to do it lol... so tell me this...

Would you guys be interested if it is very minor (or even no) updates to the tracks?

what if it was run automated?

What is the value on that for you?

Not saying any of this is the direction we're going, just simply asking your thoughts.
J.Armstrong
Team: dunno

Post by J.Armstrong »

checkerz wrote:Would you guys be interested if it is very minor (or even no) updates to the tracks?
Fine with me. There's got to be something in it for the rf crew too, no? Seems like memberships are getting a lot more popular with EMF doing them too. Build it and they will come.
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

checkerz wrote:Unfortunately not a lot of answers for you guys. There is some interest and also some burn out for sure.

Peter's been nagging me to not go away when I keep swearing I don't want to do it lol... so tell me this...

Would you guys be interested if it is very minor (or even no) updates to the tracks?

Not saying any of this is the direction we're going, just simply asking your thoughts.
Does this mean ARS again?
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

I wouldn't mind that Chex. If rf ends up doing minimal work I would like to see a reduced price though. $25 is pretty steep for the same material
njc413

Post by njc413 »

Tracks were honestly solid last year, i like that idea chex, im willing to pay, nothing too steep though. Maybe more people with sign up if its cheaper too. It is a lot of work on your part though, we appreciate it.
Nick Carvalho
3rd O/A Loretta's Schoolboy 1 2015
11th O/A RF Indiana Amateur MX
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Post by Clfitty »

checkerz wrote:Unfortunately not a lot of answers for you guys. There is some interest and also some burn out for sure.

1. Please don't go. As annoying as the assholes and trolls are, I would hate to see this community take a huge hit losing someone like you.

2. I would be interested in minor (or if it came down to it, no) updates to the tracks. Even if you were to just smooth the entire track out and just update the bumps and rutts would be huge. Don't even change the statues, layout, decals, etc.

3. I would be disappointed in automation. I think having a host makes a huge difference.

4. I'd absolutely be willing to pay $25 for the season if the tracks were updated bumps/rutts. If the tracks stayed exactly the same, I think a lower price would be more fair.
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
GuilhermeMX28
Crushed Dissenter
Team: PowerDream

Post by GuilhermeMX28 »

I know they do not know much yet, but what about the schedule? Would it be the afternoon like in real life? Or the night? And on Thursday or Sunday?
Guilherme Cabral | PowerDream Owner | #131 | 250 AM rF | 3rd Keytone Supercross novice class
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

checkerz wrote:Would you guys be interested if it is very minor (or even no) updates to the tracks?
Pretty ideal year to go that route, the tracks last year were bitchin so minor changes could work out.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I don't care if you guys don't make any changes to the tracks! Everything is amazing as is, but minor changes would be nice to keep a "fresh feel". I don't think we need any complete makeovers for any of the tracks.

I don't mind if it was automated, as long as everything runs smoothly.

Does the third question mean, "would you pay again?", if it keeps the series going, absolutely.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

The only track that I feel needs any changes is Ironman because the Tony Stark Triple should not be that fucking easy on a 250f. If it were automated, I'd be a little afraid of issues, and I don't think I'd be willing to pay $25, but I'd still pay. I just wanna feel fast on Southwick again, pretty prease
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Dawson24
Team: Vital MX Honda

Post by Dawson24 »

Same tracks as last year, no automation, and a cheaper membership fee ($15?) would sound solid to me.
T_Frye127
Team: Volcom

Post by T_Frye127 »

i personally would be completely cool with the same tracks as last year.
if anything, just minor changes like if the real life track changed drastically. other than that, i think the tracks that have been raced in the past would be just fine as long as we had a legit series to follow.

personally i dont think running ARS would be the best route, but even just having 1 admin per round would be reasonable (kind of like how EMF does things) but then again, at this point i think people would just be happy with a legit series on the old tracks would be acceptable.