what are scram files and how do i extract them?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
echayward

what are scram files and how do i extract them?

Post by echayward »

yo,

ok so i have been trying out skinning for a couple days now but sometimes i come across .saf files and sometimes i come across .png.scram files that i cannot put into photo shop because its not a png.

i know how to extract saf files and all but how do i extract scram files?

thanks

Reece Hayward
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: what are scram files and how do i extract them?

Post by Lnxa »

echayward wrote:yo,

ok so i have been trying out skinning for a couple days now but sometimes i come across .saf files and sometimes i come across .png.scram files that i cannot put into photo shop because its not a png.

thanks

Reece Hayward
You don't, Thats the point of them.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
mxer433
Team: Nami

Post by mxer433 »

so, you have been ripping skins and wanna learn how to rip scrammed skins, good luck buddy, cause you are about to be castrated by the community for this post.
wocky slush
echayward

Post by echayward »

Lnxa wrote:
echayward wrote:yo,

thanks

Reece Hayward
You don't, Thats the point of them.
ahh i see, ok thanks
echayward

Post by echayward »

mxer433 wrote:Image
so, you have been ripping skins and wanna learn how to rip scrammed skins, good luck buddy, cause you are about to be castrated by the community for this post.
no harm in asking a question to the answer i didnt know. right?
TiagoGomesMX
Team: Fasthouse Co.

Post by TiagoGomesMX »

R.I.P
TM_Infidel wrote:The breakfast of champions is not cereal, it's the opposition.
mxer433
Team: Nami

Post by mxer433 »

echayward wrote: no harm in asking a question to the answer i didnt know. right?
i mean, you just admitted you were ripping skins... thats harming the creators for this game. There is a reason they scram their shit, because they either want to charge for their work, or payed for the content in their saf and dont want others using it. extracting safs (thats what ripping is) is pretty scummy. and a big reason why many creators have left or have started to charge. so from now on, id just advise you to delete that saf extractor and help out the community and help lower the amount of shit people in this community.
wocky slush
echayward

Post by echayward »

mxer433 wrote:
echayward wrote: no harm in asking a question to the answer i didnt know. right?
i mean, you just admitted you were ripping skins... thats harming the creators for this game. There is a reason they scram their shit, because they either want to charge for their work, or payed for the content in their saf and dont want others using it. extracting safs (thats what ripping is) is pretty scummy. and a big reason why many creators have left or have started to charge. so from now on, id just advise you to delete that saf extractor and help out the community and help lower the amount of shit people in this community.
well thanks for letting me know. i didn't know any of that. i just thought saf files were just some sort of file, the reason, i dont know.

didnt know that they were actually trying to protect there stuff.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

SAF is an archive format, like a folder system, and is meant for organization. If someone actually wants to protect their files, they will scram them. You are totally fine.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

KTM57 wrote:SAF is an archive format, like a folder system, and is meant for organization. If someone actually wants to protect their files, they will scram them. You are totally fine.
agreed, everyones trying to roast this guy because he didnt know and instantly was apologizing. If he was using ripped skins for team skins or editing and releasing as his own then thats a problem. If you saf a skin and someone rips it for personal use and never posts it anywhere there's no harm done.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
echayward

Post by echayward »

KTM57 wrote:SAF is an archive format, like a folder system, and is meant for organization. If someone actually wants to protect their files, they will scram them. You are totally fine.
thank you
echayward

Post by echayward »

AWood wrote:
agreed, everyones trying to roast this guy because he didnt know and instantly was apologizing. If he was using ripped skins for team skins or editing and releasing as his own then thats a problem. If you saf a skin and someone rips it for personal use and never posts it anywhere there's no harm done.
thanks man