FPS drops on outdoors and indoors with 30+ people with "built" PC

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: FPS drops on outdoors and indoors with 30+ people with "built" PC

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I think you'll need to explain that concept to Tommy.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I think you'll need to explain that concept to Tommy.
Tommy black wrote:quote to tag
I got this one. People with real jobs, that require even a little bit of brain power, like to be reminded that while their brain is mush from being used all day, other people's brains are mush by choice, and so we come on the MXS Forums, and read your posts, Tommy, and all is well once again.
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Clfitty
Team: Madcape

Post by Clfitty »

mxsrider96 wrote:
I got this one. People with real jobs, that require even a little bit of brain power, like to be reminded that while their brain is mush from being used all day, other people's brains are mush by choice, and so we come on the MXS Forums, and read your posts, Tommy, and all is well once again.
Cam Lee - #36 - 450 Pro
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

mxsrider96 wrote:
People with real jobs, that require even a little bit of brain power, like to be reminded that while their brain is mush from being used all day, other people's brains are mush by choice, and so we come on the MXS Forums, and read your posts, Tommy, and all is well once again.
Your point is certainly valid, but damn that's a lot of commas.
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

SKlein wrote:Your point is certainly valid, but damn that's a lot of commas
Run on sentences are my main squeeze bruh
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
TeamHavocRacing

SKlein wrote:Your point is certainly valid, but damn that's a lot of commas.
I'd much rather see that than an endless stream of misspelled words without any punctuation. Be careful what you ask for.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

Yuo meen leik dise Havok Dise getin tu yuo Hwy yuo ldo bor
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
TeamHavocRacing

Nope. You used caps.
newmanb138
Team: United

Post by newmanb138 »

Sorry I haven't responded in a few. Anyway still having issues. I am almost 100% sure that it has to be a setting somewhere. I downloaded and tried Skypes's recommendation, I have messed with every rendering method in game, resolution in game, turned down the ground and other textures in game and no matter what on outdoors I get drops consistently around 90-111. I have even tried unhooking my second monitor just to try that and nothing works.

As I said, I am no computer wizard obviously, but I am pretty confident comp should run sim maxed out for days. And considering making in game graphic changes did absolutely nothing, it has to be some random setting somewhere or something like that right? Any more help or insight is appreciated.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Have you checked that your CPU and GPU are boosting to there correct turbo/boost clocks?
newmanb138

Post by newmanb138 »

No I haven't for the CPU anyway. would you have info or insight on how to do that, or where to go to learn?
I do have GPU tweak II for my graphics. The memory clock is maxed out at 8008( not oc'ed) ALL the time when sim is open, but I thought I read somewhere that was pretty normal. and the gpu speed never runs higher than 800's. Max is 1835 before oc' I believe. I do find it weird that the gpu speed doesn't vary. Even if I oc it to the max, the actual gpu speed never goes above 800's while playing sim ever.
newmanb138

Post by newmanb138 »

And the gpu temp never goes over 53 C with the fans turned off. Doesn't matter if I play for 10 min or 5 hours, it warms up to 53 and never goes hotter.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

maybe we need to stop complaining about 100 fps lol i get 4 on nats
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

newmanb138 wrote:No I haven't for the CPU anyway. would you have info or insight on how to do that, or where to go to learn?
I do have GPU tweak II for my graphics. The memory clock is maxed out at 8008( not oc'ed) ALL the time when sim is open, but I thought I read somewhere that was pretty normal. and the gpu speed never runs higher than 800's. Max is 1835 before oc' I believe. I do find it weird that the gpu speed doesn't vary. Even if I oc it to the max, the actual gpu speed never goes above 800's while playing sim ever.
Run CPU Z on your second monitor when playing sim to confirm that it is running at the turbo clock speed.

If your GPU is not going above 800mhz then the settings that I gave for you to input were not applied. With power management in the control panel set to prefer maximum performance the card will run at the base clock at all times (over 1400mhz)

JLV, is there a specific reason why MXS does not recognize as a full screen program with newer Nvidia cards?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:JLV, is there a specific reason why MXS does not recognize as a full screen program with newer Nvidia cards?
Not sure. Might be a DirectX vs OpenGL thing.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.