Simple Track Markers causing FPS drops

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
SKERICK
Team: Mick Skezz

Simple Track Markers causing FPS drops

Post by SKERICK »

Hey all!
I have been scratching my head for a while now trying to solve my fps drop problems. i will drop 20 - 30 frames on one or 2 parts of a circuit no matter how complex or detailed the track. I've messed with nvidia settings endlessly but have now realized that if i turn model geometric detail down in game to 0 all the bails and markers dissapear and frame rate instantly pops back to 100% if i put model geometric detail barley on at all at 1.00 fps instantly drops.
So its not trees or grass that's causing proplems is those bails and stick markers????? why would this be the case? do i have a corrupt bail file or maby a super high res marker file?
SKERICK

Re: Simple Track Markers causing FPS drops

Post by SKERICK »

Sry for DP! but need to say that this happens on almost all tracks.
It doesnt matter weather its a AMA track with objects and vechicles scattered everywhere or a sparse forrest track with no objects at all.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If your FPS isn't maxed out it's normal for it to be faster when not rendering objects. Does this happen on stock tracks?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
SKERICK

Post by SKERICK »

No, it seems i can max out everything on stock tracks no problems.
The stock tracks don't use those little white marking stakes and white bails though, i swear they seem to be the problem any track with those seems to have a big effect.
My old crappy dell poo chunk could run tracks better and it has nothing to do with resolution i can run 640x480 and it'll still have exact same problems parts of the track it'll be fluid then around the next corner bang super slug.

i havnt the best pc but more than enough to handle this i5 650 @3.20ghz 8gb GTX960.
something bout those white track markers and bails im sure cause i turn down the detail so that all other objects disapear so its not rendering any but the stakes and bails but fps does not differ from 100 to 1 only when i flick it to 0 then liquid smoothe?
SKERICK

Post by SKERICK »

sorry again, but i must add that i use v-sync on because of when i loose fps its not a smooth transition from 125 to 90 it translates on screen almost as lag or stutter its not seamless put it that way. So when i say im loosing 20 -30 fps im going from 60 to 30 and again not seamless its very juttery non playable kind of fps drop. Hard to explain because on my old system id have vsync off and id constantly be dropping frames but i couldnt even tell because it was smooth for some reason that is not the case anymore.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

You mean the yellow markers? Can you tell if it's acerbis.stake or ama_stake?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
SKERICK

Post by SKERICK »

Sorry JLV not sure how to check that? if it helps the track i am having problems with right now is PinewoodMX for the upcoming race on MX Lobby.
and definetly white bails and stakes. i don't mean to be a pain in the ass, i still have the option of just turning off models completely but i cant see the start gate that way :)
It could be that i have a high res object pack somewhere in personal folder that this track is indexing rather than a low res version.
Does Sim still use the single cpu?
SKERICK

Post by SKERICK »

All good now JLV sorry to waste your time, i realized i had a "svchost" virus that was multiplying and using up all my cpu. Fixed it and everything smooth as silk now. this could be helpful to other people out there who may have a simular issue.