Graphics Card question

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Bdodge81
Team: Privateer

Graphics Card question

Post by Bdodge81 »

Hello fellow sim users, I am in the market for a new laptop and have done some searching. Through my company i can get deals with certain brands and certain models. One model i'm looking at comes with a GeForce GTX 1050Ti card. I was wondering if anyone knows how well this runs sim? Whats it capable of? max? close to max?

Thanks in advance.
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away i once finished 2nd in rF 250 Amateurs Nationals if that's even something to feel accomplished about.
SirWrecksAlot

Re: Graphics Card question

Post by SirWrecksAlot »

Bdodge81 wrote:Hello fellow sim users, I am in the market for a new laptop and have done some searching. Through my company i can get deals with certain brands and certain models. One model i'm looking at comes with a GeForce GTX 1050Ti card. I was wondering if anyone knows how well this runs sim? Whats it capable of? max? close to max?

Thanks in advance.
I'm new to this whole gaming pc thing. I'm probably not the right person to answer this but I will anyway. I've been "researching" gaming pc's and I'm kinda sure that, that's one of the best, if not the best. But don't take my word for it, you can look it up on various pc forums. Try IGN, and I can't recall all the other ones I looked at, but Google pc forums. I'm sure you'll find something/someone that will help.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Can you post a link to the laptop? Honestly the graphics card isnt your main concern for this game. Paired with a mobile i7 like a 6700hq or 7700hq, a 1050ti should get you 125fps almost maxed out on single player depending on the track. You would have to turn down your graphics for 40 man races though, like closer to or lower than medium.
Tanner Rogers
Cummings55
Team: RFORCE8

Post by Cummings55 »

I have a 6700HQ I believe, with the 960M and I have no issues with high settings, but I do turn my settings down for the big races just for safe keeping. I'd love to have a bigger card than that, I'd think it would work well!
Bdodge81

Post by Bdodge81 »

motokid499 wrote:Can you post a link to the laptop? Honestly the graphics card isnt your main concern for this game. Paired with a mobile i7 like a 6700hq or 7700hq, a 1050ti should get you 125fps almost maxed out on single player depending on the track. You would have to turn down your graphics for 40 man races though, like closer to or lower than medium.
http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productd ... cwkblf002s

after further research i could actually go with a better option, this one includes a 1060
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away i once finished 2nd in rF 250 Amateurs Nationals if that's even something to feel accomplished about.
blind bryan

Post by blind bryan »

Bdodge81 wrote:
motokid499 wrote:Can you post a link to the laptop? Honestly the graphics card isnt your main concern for this game. Paired with a mobile i7 like a 6700hq or 7700hq, a 1050ti should get you 125fps almost maxed out on single player depending on the track. You would have to turn down your graphics for 40 man races though, like closer to or lower than medium.

after further research i could actually go with a better option, this one includes a 1060
Thats more then enough. My laptop has an i7 and a gtx860 and i run full graphics on rf races. (i do download the med quality tracks though)
Bdodge81

Post by Bdodge81 »

blind bryan wrote:
Bdodge81 wrote:

Thats more then enough. My laptop has an i7 and a gtx860 and i run full graphics on rf races. (i do download the med quality tracks though)
Firstly I applaud you for spelling Bryan the right way lol, secondly that's good to hear, I have an i7 7700hq so I was hoping to run some pretty decent graphics
blind bryan

Post by blind bryan »

Bdodge81 wrote:
blind bryan wrote:
Bdodge81 wrote:

Firstly I applaud you for spelling Bryan the right way lol, secondly that's good to hear, I have an i7 7700hq so I was hoping to run some pretty decent graphics
The “y” is where its at haha.
Jdougle312

Post by Jdougle312 »

blind bryan wrote:
Bdodge81 wrote:
blind bryan wrote:
The “y” is where its at haha.
I got a question for you boys, do we need an i7 to run sim decently? Would an i5 and a gtx1060 be decent enough to run almost max settings or medium settings on rf races with 60+ fps? I'm considering building a pc for myself and don't wanna trash my wallet getting the most recent i7... thanks!
blind bryan

Post by blind bryan »

I got a question for you boys, do we need an i7 to run sim decently? Would an i5 and a gtx1060 be decent enough to run almost max settings or medium settings on rf races with 60+ fps? I'm considering building a pc for myself and don't wanna trash my wallet getting the most recent i7... thanks![/quote]

I wouldn't know man haha. I've only had a trash hp laptop that almost wouldn't run sim. And then my y50 that runs it great. I know for a fact that my i7 runs rf tracks with full gates no problem. Maybe someone with an i5 can jump in and lend some advice???
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

Jdougle312 wrote:I got a question for you boys, do we need an i7 to run sim decently? Would an i5 and a gtx1060 be decent enough to run almost max settings or medium settings on rf races with 60+ fps? I'm considering building a pc for myself and don't wanna trash my wallet getting the most recent i7... thanks!
The i5 & 1060 setup should work plenty fine. If you're into video/photo editing or plan on doing CAD work you'll be better off with the i7. Otherwise it's nothing to stress over. Fortunately with the Ryzen's release Intel CPU's have dropped price a decent amount.