Screen Recording

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
hvpmvp

Screen Recording

Post by hvpmvp »

Does anyone know of a good screen recording software that is cheap?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Screen Recording

Post by Wahlamt »

If you have an nvidia gpu, nvidia "shadowplay" or "share" is free. MSI Afterburner is free too.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

Motoagogo
Team: Privateer

Post by Motoagogo »

If you do use OBS be sure to read up on what bitrate is best for recording on you resolution. The reason why I say that is normally OBS is meant for streaming yet it works great for recording as well. Yet the two bitrate amounts are quite difference since one is encoding to stream while one is rendering a local recording. Hope this helps.
mjhorts
Team: Privateer

Post by mjhorts »

OBS only if you have the hardware for it. I have a mid range-ish pc by todays standards(i5 4670k & a GTX780 - 16gb ram and SSD's galore) and I struggle to record MSX @ 720p 60fps with OBS. Every other game has no issue, so I'm guessing theres a conflict between MXS and OBS. Or I'm just limited by Windows 7, I dunno. It don't work for me, for now but I will keep trying because filesizes are great, more later on filesizes.

Share/shadowplay gives me the best results albeit massive filesizes, which doesn't bode well in Australia, we have internet speeds that rival the middle ages TIS FOOOOKIN GLORIOUS!! SOOO, breakdown for yuh:

OBS is free. Check hardware and tuts on tehtube for recording settings
Share/Shadowplay is free, so long as you own a nVidia gpu.
MSI Afterburner is free. Does the job, kinda rough to me.
DXTORY is paid. IMHO, best PAID recording software available; used for years, never had an issue.
FRAPS is paid. DON'T DO THAT, IT'S SHITE. Frames will be lost and just don't do it to yourself.
Mirillis Action is paid. AVOID, It's all right but their support is the worst of the bunch. They're like APP devs, take your money and laugh when you have probs.
Everything and ANYTHING else I haven't used. TL;DR but just my 2.3 cents worth.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

I use Nvidia ShadowPlay and works like a charm. Sometime's doesn't record sound when I instant replay but the recording option gets sound every time.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Atom6246 wrote:I use Nvidia ShadowPlay and works like a charm. Sometime's doesn't record sound when I instant replay but the recording option gets sound every time.
Any special setting? My sound seems to be recorded at 10% of the normal sound as of late 0.o
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Wahlamt wrote:
Atom6246 wrote:I use Nvidia ShadowPlay and works like a charm. Sometime's doesn't record sound when I instant replay but the recording option gets sound every time.
Any special setting? My sound seems to be recorded at 10% of the normal sound as of late 0.o
Nope. 1080p 60fps 50mbps. Might need to update your Nvidia drivers or something?
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Atom6246 wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:
Nope. 1080p 60fps 50mbps. Might need to update your Nvidia drivers or something?
May be, will do, thanks! :)