another noob question

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Ryanphillips
Team: Privateer

another noob question

Post by Ryanphillips »

so i have downloaded a bunch of tracks and they always work fine. but last couple days i tried to get checkerzville mx track and like a j perry track. i watched people play the tracks on youtube and when i download and play it looks like all sand. no objects. no anything. is there something wrong with my game or my computer trash? any help would be awesome
blind bryan

Re: another noob question

Post by blind bryan »

that happens when you don't have the ground files that the track is calling for. Usually the fix is to ask on that particular topic, what tracks are necessary. and hopefully if someone responds you can download the other tracks you need to make that one work.

Hope that makes sense. Basically you need parts from other tracks you don't have yet.
Ryanphillips

Post by Ryanphillips »

Ok makes perfect sense. Thanks man. Yeah just got the motoagogo red budds creek and it's same way. But then got another compound and it looks fantastic. Thanks for your response
blind bryan

Post by blind bryan »

Ryanphillips wrote:Ok makes perfect sense. Thanks man. Yeah just got the motoagogo red budds creek and it's same way. But then got another compound and it looks fantastic. Thanks for your response
No prob man
Knight24_

Post by Knight24_ »

Ryanphillips wrote:Ok makes perfect sense. Thanks man. Yeah just got the motoagogo red budds creek and it's same way. But then got another compound and it looks fantastic. Thanks for your response
Id recommend downloading dj's object packs the should be on the top of general discussion, most tracks use his objects.
Knight24_

Post by Knight24_ »

Knight24_ wrote:
Id recommend downloading dj's object packs the should be on the top of general discussion, most tracks use his objects.
They aren't in GD, I just looked, but just search for his object pack on the forums, you should find them. https://gyazo.com/b8ef6e9852b41676981fa1e45d19f040 they should be named something like this.
Ryanphillips

Post by Ryanphillips »

Thanks dudes
Knight24_

Post by Knight24_ »

Ryanphillips wrote:Thanks dudes
here you go my man. http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1131 found them in the tracks section on here. download the 1st and 3rd idk about the 2nd
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

If youba accidentally put them in a subfolder that can happen, either if you create an extra folder when you extract it or if you by mistake put it in a subfolder.

So do not put all tracks in a folder called like "DLC" or so, just throw all folders in your install folder.
Ryanphillips

Post by Ryanphillips »

Thanks guys. I got the object packs and tried a track and still the same. Maybe I'll delete and try to reinstall them. They look like they are all in the mx sim folder with my other tracks. So I don't know. Really appreciate the help tho
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Ryanphillips wrote:Thanks guys. I got the object packs and tried a track and still the same. Maybe I'll delete and try to reinstall them. They look like they are all in the mx sim folder with my other tracks. So I don't know. Really appreciate the help tho
Ok nice. Just make sure it's not the case like:
MxSim Folder/National Rd1/nationalrd1.saf
or
MxSim Folder/National Rd1/National Rd1 (like your folder is duplicated or a saf is in a folder).
Ryanphillips

Post by Ryanphillips »

Ok I'll check. So I don't want any .saf in their own folder? I am on a Mac to but that shouldn't make any difference right? Again I really appreciate the help storken.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Ryanphillips wrote:Ok I'll check. So I don't want any .saf in their own folder? I am on a Mac to but that shouldn't make any difference right? Again I really appreciate the help storken.
Nope, same for Mac. So yeah, you just want the saf files directly in your mxsim folder.
Ryanphillips

Post by Ryanphillips »

That was it bro. They were all compounds in the same folder. Your the man
Ryanphillips

Post by Ryanphillips »

The checkersville for some reason is the only one that I can't get to work. It's pissing me off. lol I gave up. I took all the tracks out of the folder but no dice.