This SUPER Realistic Stability Setup I've Been Running

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Knight24_
Team: Privateer

Re: This SUPER Realistic Stability Setup I've Been Running

Post by Knight24_ »

RSmithDRIFT wrote:
KTM57 wrote:I will take your uppity lecture on realism seriously when you turn off auto dab.
How come I've never seen this auto dab before?? Is it new? I thought their was only sticky dab on/off. WTF. What does auto dab even do? I been clicking the stick to dab on lips to preload along with leaning forward/back. Seems to work well
Just to let you know in your little realistic world, sitting down really doesn't make a difference while seat bouncing in this game because the amount of momentum your rider has going into the face of a jump already makes him basically sit down. So dabbing in MXS does virtually nothing while seat bouncing.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Knight24_ wrote:
RSmithDRIFT wrote:
KTM57 wrote:I will take your uppity lecture on realism seriously when you turn off auto dab.
How come I've never seen this auto dab before?? Is it new? I thought their was only sticky dab on/off. WTF. What does auto dab even do? I been clicking the stick to dab on lips to preload along with leaning forward/back. Seems to work well
Just to let you know in your little realistic world, sitting down really doesn't make a difference while seat bouncing in this game because the amount of momentum your rider has going into the face of a jump already makes him basically sit down. So dabbing in MXS does virtually nothing while seat bouncing.
depends on your rider vertical settings. Sometimes dabbing at the right time can help you get that extra bit.
Tanner Rogers
RSmithDRIFT
Team: Privateer

Post by RSmithDRIFT »

I should note that my setup is made to simulate the things the rider does naturally, such as leveling the bike. A pro at best will level at 75%, an ameature with some skill can easily achieve 85%. A new rider however would only be able to get down to 90% at best. You level the bike subconciously based on how comfortable you are riding it in real life. My setup simulates this. For this reason I do lower my leveling to 75% sometimes on the unrealistic tracks to get more cornering speed. But just as in real life that comes at the cost of making the bike harder to get straight out of a corner and can cause loss of control. I'm aware that bikes dont level themselves in real life, thats something we do. If I had a FFB set of handlebars trust me I'd have the leveling set at 0 because I could FEEL the bike under me and would level it subconciously. But as long as I'm using an XBOX controller I will do the same thing Forza and GT and NFS etc all do and put the subconcious hand movement behavior muscle memory in the physics so you dont have to emulate it with your thumb.

Also the flaw in the physics that I describe people exploiting is the low leveling because in this game lean and steering are connected, so the lower your leveling factor the faster you can corner, and a stupid low (below 50) dampening factor allows you to maneuver the bike WAY TOO quickly and be even faster in doing so. At 75% leveling with my setup you can corner about as fast as a pro rider could in real life. At 85% your a good ameature. At 22% your just an unrealistic alien from another planet taking corners with outrageous speeds.
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

You don't have to be a pro to lean your bike over and as quickly as a pro. The only people I see who can't are goons that don't even know how to ride ruts and go through corners striaght up and down. I personally go into corners with deep ruts and drop my bike just as hard and fast as pros do. I'm no pro, but I don't have to be a pro to have similar form. I just don't carry as much speed. I don't see anything wrong with the speed guys are going in this game because in real life we are held back by the risk of injury, remove that risk and riding in real life will go something like this game. We just compensate for this in the game by making the tracks more difficult so that it adds the realism factor back in. Compare lap times from real life tracks to their replicas in this game, they're pretty close, and overall just watching the racing on the live streams looks pretty close to realistic to me. Have you ever watched a pro national or supercross race in person? You'd be surprised how fast they're actually going.