2017-07-25 snapshot (Updated 2017-07-26)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Mikey

Re: 2017-07-25 snapshot (Updated 2017-07-26)

Post by Mikey »

Nice one JLV mate, looks like an awesome addition to the game!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
jonracer594

Post by jonracer594 »

This is awesome
Brock1198
Team: Cycleworks

Post by Brock1198 »

yzmxer608 wrote:
ShackAttack12 wrote:I'm also thinking the "On/Off" action of the anti-lock brakes causes some weird braking bumps.
I was wondering how this would effect it. That and people who only use front brakes and no rear brake under normal braking (like me). I'd think there's maybe a handful of people in the whole game that don't use anti-lock front brake.
i dont use anti lock just stop wheelies front only. ive been trying to stop using it but its hard. i feel like this setting would cause more chop than anti lock
jlv wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:Alrighty jlv time to lock this, politic arguments get people nowhere fast. :?
Are you kidding me? This is a perfect opportunity to break out the American Chopper meme!
Emorciglio
Team: TWEAKED MOTO

Post by Emorciglio »

thank you very mucho jlv!
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:1. Any thoughts on preserving the erode across multiple restarts, so that the erosion could be built over a series of motos? It would be awesome for replica events to start off open practice with a perfectly smooth track and realistic erosion settings and just have the erosion build up over the course of the race event (timed practice, timed qualifiers, both classes motos. The last moto would be the roughest. Supercross we may not want that, but for outdoors it would be awesome.

2. I mentioned it a few times now, but i'll add it here for reference.To get the experience of a rough track by the end of a race, On public servers (none races) i think the "server,erode #" value should be dynamic. In other words, target a TotalErosion value or EndErosion value. An equation like this:

TotalErosion = (NumPlayers) * (NumLaps) * (Server,Erode #).

So lets say we target a Total Erosion of 500 for a 10 lap race with 5 riders. The server,erode# would be 10 dynamically.
For that same TotalErosion value of 500, a 10 lap race with 20 riders would have a server,erode# of 2.5 dynamically.

Both would have pretty close net track erosion by the end of the race. Obviously they wont be identical, but if we're going for the "Eroded"/"Roughed-in track" experience, it might be a good idea.

This would also prevent smooth tracks from being ultra boring to ride when not many people are on the track.
The equation idea is interesting for playability. I know Race mentioned it but how did the erode at 1 work with 40 people? I'd like to see some tests at 30+2 race distances rather than 10 laps with low erode values just to see.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Knight24_
Team: Privateer

Post by Knight24_ »

JordanGiacomin wrote:" Can't find game data " for me , how resolve the problem pls ?
Once downloaded, drag it into your regular MXS folder where the main game download is(not your personal folder) then double click and run it from there. after you run it, just delete 1.11 or whatever snapshot you had, and just rename it to "mx"
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

yzmxer608 wrote:I know Race mentioned it but how did the erode at 1 work with 40 people? I'd like to see some tests at 30+2 race distances rather than 10 laps with low erode values just to see.
Erode 1 with 40 people for 10 laps did not break down the track enough (agreeing with shack for once).

I think the best way to do things would be a time dependent equation for the erode value, like the erode value is highest at the start of the moto, then decreases as time goes on.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Racers52 wrote:I think the best way to do things would be a time dependent equation for the erode value, like the erode value is highest at the start of the moto, then decreases as time goes on.
+1
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Atom6246 wrote:Was really fun playing with erode again especially on an rF track with a decent amount of people^
Although it sucked I had to leave eventually because I started getting frame skips down to 8fps. JLV is there any hope for future optimization?
Yes. The current reshading code is very inefficient. I expect to improve its speed by an order of magnitude in the next few weeks.
ShackAttack12 wrote:1. Any thoughts on preserving the erode across multiple restarts, so that the erosion could be built over a series of motos? It would be awesome for replica events to start off open practice with a perfectly smooth track and realistic erosion settings and just have the erosion build up over the course of the race event (timed practice, timed qualifiers, both classes motos. The last moto would be the roughest. Supercross we may not want that, but for outdoors it would be awesome.
It's a tough problem because the server is very lightweight and just keeps the clients in sync without actually understanding what's happening. That's good because it lets it work on low end servers but makes things difficult or impossible when you want it to do something like consolidate a bunch of erode data. I was thinking maybe I could make something client side that would let an admin send the track changes to the server which the server would send back out to the clients after the next restart. (Something like "/keeptrack" at the end of the race.) It wouldn't be automatic but it's the best I can do without making the server run a copy of the client.
ShackAttack12 wrote:2. I mentioned it a few times now, but i'll add it here for reference.To get the experience of a rough track by the end of a race, On public servers (none races) i think the "server,erode #" value should be dynamic. In other words, target a TotalErosion value or EndErosion value. An equation like this:

TotalErosion = (NumPlayers) * (NumLaps) * (Server,Erode #).

So lets say we target a Total Erosion of 500 for a 10 lap race with 5 riders. The server,erode# would be 10 dynamically.
For that same TotalErosion value of 500, a 10 lap race with 20 riders would have a server,erode# of 2.5 dynamically.

Both would have pretty close net track erosion by the end of the race. Obviously they wont be identical, but if we're going for the "Eroded"/"Roughed-in track" experience, it might be a good idea.

This would also prevent smooth tracks from being ultra boring to ride when not many people are on the track.
That might be a good script but I wouldn't want to hard code that into the server. Seems too arbitrary.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

jlv wrote:
Atom6246 wrote:Was really fun playing with erode again especially on an rF track with a decent amount of people^
Although it sucked I had to leave eventually because I started getting frame skips down to 8fps. JLV is there any hope for future optimization?
Yes. The current reshading code is very inefficient. I expect to improve its speed by an order of magnitude in the next few weeks.
Great news
Aggressively Mediocre Image
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

jlv wrote:
Whoa... great news JLV I'm stoked.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Erode 5, 11 people, 20 minutes +1 Lap

mack| spokes
Team: Onlyfansracing

Post by mack| spokes »

Racers52 wrote:Erode 5, 11 people, 20 minutes +1 Lap

I havent had a chance to ride online erode, do the ruts work better than "nomal" mxs ruts?
jlv wrote: Either way, for a suicidal rampage it was pretty good.
MXSEMF
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

Hey this looks promising, might have to start playing again.
Donate if you like My Creations
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

SKlein wrote:
Big Smooth one3 wrote:Firstly, very much appreciate seeing the first version of this finally come to life - thanks Josh.
checkerz wrote:...some optimization...
I think this is the major handcuff at the moment. Luckily, at least a moderate amount of this community is made of people who have put a decent financial sum into their PC's, so I imagine it's nearly unnoticable for them.
i7 6700k // GTX 1080 and I can't run a steady 125FPS (bounces around from 111-90) with a 25 man gate on fairly low graphical settings. There's going to be a need for optimization if we want any chance of running full gates with it.
i have an i-2 10k // rx20 and i run 30-2 fps :lol:
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.