Beginner looking for some advice/knowledge

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Borggren123
Team: Privateer

Beginner looking for some advice/knowledge

Post by Borggren123 »

Sup everyone! I just want to start off by saying I f*cking love this sim. I started two weeks ago and I love the challenge. Recently I've started being able to almost consitently do relatively quick laps on the 2016 outdoor tracks, Hangtown being my fav so far.

Ok so first question! : What are the benefits of sitting when it comes to turning? I find myself not using it at all, am I missing an opportunity here?

Second question: Leaning forward in ruts. I see a lot of very good players doing it so I try to as well but I feel like the bike becomes more touchy and has a tendency to allow the front tire to slide over the rut whenever I lean forward. Is this due to my suspension or is this just some sort of weird placebo I have? :P

All in all I'm confused when it comes to leaning forward/sitting/dabbing. When do I use them to be as optimal as possible when it comes to flat turns/berms/ruts. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards : Ambitious noob
Andy29
Team: Privateer

Re: Beginner looking for some advice/knowledge

Post by Andy29 »

most speed comes from been comfortable with how you are riding, if leaning forward makes you panic about the bike don't do it, i generally sit on the lower speed corners, some sit a lot more, also going online and following the faster riders to find there lines help.
BigFluffyChiken
Team: Vital MX Racing

Re: Beginner looking for some advice/knowledge

Post by BigFluffyChiken »

Sitting down makes the bike more stable when leaning, so it's nice for corners, especially flat corners. Leaning forward helps the bike pivot easier, again useful in corners. None of that matters if you aren't comfortable riding in the first place. Best advice you can get from anyone is to play a ton when you're just starting out (and I really mean a ton, think several weeks) to get a feel for the game and get comfy with your controls. There are a lot of inputs to worry about so the controls are huge. Once you've done that, then you can think about fine tuning your style.
Image Image