Corners

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
James#134
Team: SplitDesignCo

Corners

Post by James#134 »

Anybody have any tips on how to increase corner speed or have a good track to practice corners on?
Knight24_
Team: Privateer

Re: Corners

Post by Knight24_ »

James#134 wrote:Anybody have any tips on how to increase corner speed or have a good track to practice corners on?
All of JGMX's tracks, and honestly just find a good advanced stab and get good with it. You should also watch Kellens video he does on leaning, really important of what he says in the video helped me a ton when learning because i came from mva alive and i was still leaning the way you do for all mva games. MXS is totally different
Knight24_

Post by Knight24_ »

James#134 wrote:Anybody have any tips on how to increase corner speed or have a good track to practice corners on?
Also here's tysen fresquez's advanced stab it help me a ton!(i changed a few things to my liking and mixed it with byron downen's advanced stab) works like a fucking charm his setup is about 1 minute into the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iTXOM24vHE&t=367s
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

try not another test track it has some wide railable turns to practice on.
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38412
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

Bump up your Dab Speed (if it's still on 20), that should help with some consistency in corners.
James#134

Post by James#134 »

Thanks for the help guys also any good mx tracks to learn on not anything super easy but not anything crazy just wanted to learn to flow. Thanks again
James#134

Post by James#134 »

SKlein wrote:Bump up your Dab Speed (if it's still on 20), that should help with some consistency in corners.
Got that bitch maxed I think 60
Knight24_

Post by Knight24_ »

James#134 wrote:Thanks for the help guys also any good mx tracks to learn on not anything super easy but not anything crazy just wanted to learn to flow. Thanks again
JGMX wildside has mostly amazing ruts, and has a lot of roughness and another really good track for ruts is altitude mx
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

James#134 wrote:
SKlein wrote:Bump up your Dab Speed (if it's still on 20), that should help with some consistency in corners.
Got that bitch maxed I think 60
I'd say 60 might be overkill, 30-50 is a good range to try out. I would also suggest progressively raising it from default so you're able to tell how it's effecting you.
Knight24_

Post by Knight24_ »

Also JGMX: Greef Compound is AMAZING as far as ruts go http://www.mediafire.com/file/3exs3g0fl ... XGreef.rar get good on this track and youll be set
Simmeey

Post by Simmeey »

thanks for the tips
Simon Sandman #3 In-Game!
Currently in Team Relentless.
https://www.twitch.tv/kraukentv
MotoGoon31

Post by MotoGoon31 »

Stay consistent and dont get crazy on your suspension setup until you get better. Stock is pretty good with a few clicks here and there...
Whether you think you can or you can't; your probably right. - Henry Ford
RHerzog85

Post by RHerzog85 »

MotoGoon31 wrote:
Stay consistent and dont get crazy on your suspension setup until you get better. Stock is pretty good with a few clicks here and there...
Stock suspension settings are basically set to the midpoint across the board, while plenty of advance/pro riders can revert to this setting and get by without a huge difference, but with someone just starting out it can be very unforgiving in contrast to a more dialed in setup that will allow more mistakes during the learning process. Finding one that suits your riding style and sticking with it is just as important as doing the same with Advanced Stability setups. Don't keep changing every setting over and over again and expect to be consistent.

The key for me was to treat it like the real thing. Think about riding in the game as you would in real life. This applies for both jumps and corners, you aren't going to get on a real bike and hit a triple wide open on the first day, and you aren't going to hit corners on a rail wide open either, don't expect to do either in the game when you first start playing or you're gonna have a bad time. Just my .02, take it nice and slow and finish lap after lap, taking all the lines you can, both good and bad(to prepare for moving around lappers and downed riders), the speed will come much faster if you ease into it instead of trying to be fast and then learning bike control.