Why no love to the GNCC or Off-Road racing series??

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
MotoGoon31

Why no love to the GNCC or Off-Road racing series??

Post by MotoGoon31 »

just a simple question...

I grew up racing the GNCC's, Mid-East, SETRA & other off-road events. So, I KNOW there is a HUGE following behind the woods racing. MAYBE even bigger than motocross (more ppl ride off road vs ONLY moto riders) when you consider the fact that there is almost 1000 entries in a single GNCC race. Also, the national enduro events cap off at 600 racers & sell out. Its a great series that has an ENTIRE different group & personality involved with the racers. Some guys are better off-road than moto, and vice-versa (DONT SAY RYAN SIPES, MIKE BROWN, ECT...Those are just bad dudes).

I have really been enjoying the off-road tracks on here, BUT they are never in servers and the tracks arnt like a REAL enduro or GNCC. So, i still havent had an actual race through the trees, into the field secions, across the ditch jump (Only in the pro afternoon race at the GNCC's) and up a hill to the scoring tent to finish a lap. Other than when it doesnt matter on time trial mode. Honestly, im faster off-road in this game than i am on any mx or sx track. I cant imagine im the only one who feels that way.

My point is that this game is only offering half of the sport. AND dare i say this, I would openly bet on your sales going up with an RF style series being offered to all sides of the sport. Who could even do it 100% correctly with all the aspects behind setting up RF races, running the races, and then having an ELSINORE server with last years tracks on loop (2 or 3 laps) for the other half of all different types of dirtbike riders/racers?

How hard would it be? Has this been a discussion before?
Whether you think you can or you can't; your probably right. - Henry Ford
KTM57

Re: Why no love to the GNCC or Off-Road racing series??

Post by KTM57 »

Unfortunately, we are a little limited in terms of track size to make a GNCC styled track. Because of the way tracks have to be made for the game, building a space any bigger than a large motocross track starts to really kill the computer in terms of performance. I have a thing with trees near motocross bikes, but it would definitely be sick to rip through a forest or something in a really big space. (something like a Dirt Rally environment would be awesome in MXS)

Your other obstacle would be finding people willing to help you make it happen. Most of us are focused on motocross, and off road would be a novelty at best.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Quinten
Team: QM1

Post by Quinten »

KTM57 wrote:Unfortunately, we are a little limited in terms of track size to make a GNCC styled track. Because of the way tracks have to be made for the game, building a space any bigger than a large motocross track starts to really kill the computer in terms of performance. I have a thing with trees near motocross bikes, but it would definitely be sick to rip through a forest or something in a really big space. (something like a Dirt Rally environment would be awesome in MXS)

Your other obstacle would be finding people willing to help you make it happen. Most of us are focused on motocross, and off road would be a novelty at best.
As i do agree with this, I feel like if you cant run it, dont run it. Dont hold people with well rounded computers back. Thats my opinion tho. Someone should start this up
Davinho222

Post by Davinho222 »

Would be sick for sure but when you said it provides only half of the sport....CC stands for Cross Country right? The game is called mx simulator so it is called motocross simulator, so it simulates motocross and it does a perfect job in that
MotoGoon31

Post by MotoGoon31 »

Davinho222 wrote:Would be sick for sure but when you said it provides only half of the sport....CC stands for Cross Country right? The game is called mx simulator so it is called motocross simulator, so it simulates motocross and it does a perfect job in that
G.N.C.C. = Grand National Cross Country

FYI, Motocross is a division of dirt bike riding. JLV made a dirt bike simulator. If he didn't..... WEELLLL letss just say Supercross & Arenacross wouldn't be possible...

I get it. Computers STILL suck in 2017 :shock:

I was hoping to inspire someone....is it working yet?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

MotoGoon31 wrote:I was hoping to inspire someone....is it working yet?
I like this part
Quinten wrote:[öI feel like if you cant run it, dont run it. Dont hold people with well rounded computers back. Thats my opinion tho. Someone should start this up
But more enduro/gncc/trail tracks definitely wouldn't hurt.
Davinho222

Post by Davinho222 »

MotoGoon31 wrote:
Davinho222 wrote:Would be sick for sure but when you said it provides only half of the sport....CC stands for Cross Country right? The game is called mx simulator so it is called motocross simulator, so it simulates motocross and it does a perfect job in that
G.N.C.C. = Grand National Cross Country

FYI, Motocross is a division of dirt bike riding. JLV made a dirt bike simulator. If he didn't..... WEELLLL letss just say Supercross & Arenacross wouldn't be possible...

I get it. Computers STILL suck in 2017 :shock:

I was hoping to inspire someone....is it working yet?

Well thats not true CC is a mix of enduro, motocross, flattrack etc.... Supercross and arenacross instead, are motocross just inside a building... there is a reason why the same people who ride professional motocross race supercross too... i get your point and CC would be cool but again CC is way more different from motocross then supercross...since supercross is pretty popular i dont want to imagine where the professional motocross in the US would be without supercross.
Donut MX
Team: Privateer

Post by Donut MX »

1. Computer restraints.
2. The map size is too small to fit those loooonnngg GNCC courses.
3. If you somehow fit one of those tracks within the map size, and had a group with badass computers ready to race, there just aren't enough talented track creators to pump out all of those GNCC tracks week in and week out for the series (idk if they're weekly, I don't follow GNCC). If you want it to happen, you'll have to learn how to build tracks and make them yourself. The rF and EMF guys already have enough on their plate to deliver MX / SX / and MXGP every year. Hit up the track editing forum and get to it lol.
4. Oh yeah people like me who play in 3rd person wouldn't be able to see anything with all those trees. :D
Itz Raidox
Team: Westeffex.com

Post by Itz Raidox »

Donut MX wrote:1. Computer restraints.
3. If you somehow fit one of those tracks within the map size, and had a group with badass computers ready to race, there just aren't enough talented track creators to pump out all of those GNCC tracks week in and week out for the series (idk if they're weekly, I don't follow GNCC). If you want it to happen, you'll have to learn how to build tracks and make them yourself. The rF and EMF guys already have enough on their plate to deliver MX / SX / and MXGP every year. Hit up the track editing forum and get to it lol.
4. Oh yeah people like me who play in 3rd person wouldn't be able to see anything with all those trees. :D
Exactly
Smidly wrote:
Jeremy150 wrote:ARLINGTON PASSWORD
e/9v8ta/%ar{dV':/.>qhyT
really bro this is the best password you could come up with? smh bro
Davinho222

Post by Davinho222 »

Donut MX wrote:1. Computer restraints.
You ride 3rd person?? :oops:
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Donut MX wrote:4. Oh yeah people like me who play in 3rd person wouldn't be able to see anything with all those trees. :D
Thanks for representing <3
MotoGoon31

Post by MotoGoon31 »

Well i guess its up to me... Would anyone be interested in helping me?
jonracer594

Post by jonracer594 »

MotoGoon31 wrote:Well i guess its up to me... Would anyone be interested in helping me?
I was playing with the idea to make a GNCC track in small size at some point in time but I am too busy and too lazy to do one
maverick57jday
Team: Motoworx / Race Tech

Post by maverick57jday »

We have a series up here in new england thats called JDay offroad. They do 2 30 minute motos and the laps are around 5-7 minutes long compared to gncc that has a 25 minute lap. Jday will go to different moto tracks such as Southwick or mx207 and other tracks around NE. So if you wanted a gncc type series, I would recommend going off jday as it would probably be a lot more pracitcal to make than one massive woods track. They have a youtube channel with a bunch of edits and helmet cams of the races if you want to look at it. channel is JDay Offroad
tylerh147
Team: Privateer

Post by tylerh147 »

I completely agree with you about wanting some variety in the game. It would also be cool to see someone release a dedicated woods bike, such as a 250 XC-W or 250 TE.