Bike Weight in game?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Bike Weight in game?

Post by Finalmushroom »

Hello all,

I'm just curious on if this game implements the bikes weight and if you really can feel the difference.

I just rode the 2017 KTM SXF 450 vs the 2017 Honda CRF 450R and the KTM felt like it could feel lighter but at the same time the CRF felt really similar and this could all just be the placebo effect because I know that the KTM is lighter in reality.

Have any of you nerds and possibly JLV could chime in on this.

It's more out of curiosity than anything but we all know that the CRF is better... (;
JK, KTM has really pushed the rest of the manufactures into high gear which is great!!

-Jake
ShackAttack12

Re: Bike Weight in game?

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Finalmushroom wrote:Hello all,

I'm just curious on if this game implements the bikes weight and if you really can feel the difference.

I just rode the 2017 KTM SXF 450 vs the 2017 Honda CRF 450R and the KTM felt like it could feel lighter but at the same time the CRF felt really similar and this could all just be the placebo effect because I know that the KTM is lighter in reality.

Have any of you nerds and possibly JLV could chime in on this.

It's more out of curiosity than anything but we all know that the CRF is better... (;
JK, KTM has really pushed the rest of the manufactures into high gear which is great!!

-Jake
All of the bikes within a class weigh the same. All 450s the same, all 250s the same, all 125s the same.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Much appreciated sir. I haven't done too much research on this so don't kill me but, what about the bikes power delivery. I hear pros run a dyno'd version of the bikes. Not really sure what they mean by that other than the way the power delivery is allowing for more traction and possibly a more usable power curve.

Thanks again!!
MotoGoon31

Post by MotoGoon31 »

It seems to be that the power delivery on the dyno (i'm guessing rear wheel HP?) in real life. So THEY SAY. But there is no real true evidence other than seeing it in the game during starts online. BUT, the problem with that is that almost everyone runs the same dyno's (2016-17 KTM 250 & 450 or Husky 250 & 450), so its hard to find the difference on your own. Unless you spend a lot of time and effort into riding every bike enough to really know.

IMO. Find the best power delivery for your riding style and don't assume favorites before you test just because someone else said so. FYI, Jesse Mullins rode a 2016 YZ450 dyno this past year in the RF outdoor series and he won the championship. So, don't always believe the "hype" of the FC & SXF.

This is motocross. 80% Rider 20% Bike :twisted:

Meanwhile, In a perfect world...
I've always wondered what it would be like to have help on suspension & in-game charts of the dyno's. Instead of second guessing most of my testing decisions :?
Whether you think you can or you can't; your probably right. - Henry Ford
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Lnxa »

MotoGoon31 wrote:FYI, Jesse Mullins rode a 2016 YZ450 dyno this past year in the RF outdoor series and he won the championship.
Can cofirm. I rode the Husky in 2 or 3 rounds, One being Glen Helen so I wouldn't lose time on the hills.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]