Why does my step key slow motion not work?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
DomDimma
Team: Clout

Why does my step key slow motion not work?

Post by DomDimma »

Could it be because i am on a mac??
when i hit the step key while the reply is paused all it does is move forward one frame, it doesn't run through multiple frames just one at a time. I would be stoked to see that smooth buttery slow mo everyone else has. I tried looking for a thread on this but didn't find much. any helps appreciated thanks.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Re: Why does my step key slow motion not work?

Post by AHeckman2 »

You need to hold the step key, not just press it once
DomDimma

Post by DomDimma »

Thats what i was trying to do, but when i hold it down it doesn't do anything.. :/ Only thing the step key does for me is when i go to hold it down it will move one frame when i initially press it then nothing. Is it a new feature maybe i need to update.
I guess i will try again after work, Thanks
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It's not really a slow motion key. It's just a single step that's being repeated by the key repeat function of your OS/keyboard. You probably have the step function bound to a key that doesn't repeat.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DomDimma

Post by DomDimma »

jlv wrote:It's not really a slow motion key. It's just a single step that's being repeated by the key repeat function of your OS/keyboard. You probably have the step function bound to a key that doesn't repeat.
you the the man!
I had step key set as the down button on my d pad so after reading what you wrote i changed it to a key on my keyboard and that did the trick!
I been stewing on this for a few days lol. thanks brotha