Mx Simulator on Consoles

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
tannershirah238

Mx Simulator on Consoles

Post by tannershirah238 »

Okay, so I’m sure this question has been asked before, but I can’t find a post where it has been asked. Anyways, are there plans to ever release this game on consoles? And before people start saying “well you don’t know what goes into making a game,” I am currently in college for my bachelors degree in computer game design and development so I do know what goes into making a game. Just something I’m curious about.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Mx Simulator on Consoles

Post by jlv »

If I ever get caught up I'll probably do a Mac port first. Not sure if there'd be a way to get all the user created content on a console so that might not be a good fit.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

jlv wrote:Not sure if there'd be a way to get all the user created content on a console so that might not be a good fit.
Would you need to push all of the custom content over though? Even a small portion of what's been made (stock tracks + your SX stuff) could be a good start for a console port. Gear/bikes might be a different story, but if the rF/EMF crews were fine with throwing the replica rounds to console after the seasons ended, that could be a great addition as well.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

In Unity we have asset bundles that can be pushed to the client from a remote and stored in the data files. Im pretty sure they're just fancy zip files that are decompressed upon arrival.
You could write some kind of CMS that content creators could upload to and then write a content browser thats nested in the client on the console. Users can pick and choose what to download and store which bypasses xbox and playstation store giving you complete control over whats approve and whats not approved. That is however a lot of work to get it operating smoothly. One instance of this, although on mobile, is Mad Skills Motocross 3 when they update the tracks weekly with no updates in the store. Would require a sizable amount of server storage though as time progresses.
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Post by Finalmushroom »

I like the thought of the console (primary for more funding which I think could push this game to new heights) but just being able to jump online and download a track quickly is amazing. It always seems like once you bring games to consoles it becomes a money race and they start charging for "DLC" where in this game it literally comes out for "free" weekly. Just my thoughts.