Leveling, dampening, steering strength advanced settings

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Leveling, dampening, steering strength advanced settings

Post by Finalmushroom »

Good afternoon all,

I'm trying to wrap my head around the steering/stabilitaztion aspects to this game.

I have my current setting great for SX and the less rough MX tracks (Typically custom made MX tracks like JGMX and tracks like Mintop , ect) however, whenever I ride the rough AMA MX replica tracks I get thrown around compared to when I had my old advanced settings.

Old set up:
Leveling: 35
Roll dampening: 43
Steering Strength: 81
Direct Steering: 870

New Set Up:
Leveling: 25
Roll Dampening: 43
Steering strength: 84
Direct steering: 870

I think I also lowered my slow dampening factor (by .25) for the SX set up to allow more movement at the lower speeds.

Now, my question is it seems like the higher the leveling the harder it is for the character and bike to turn (both turn like you're going to turn into a corner and turn like horizontally preventing you from falling over almost like a more arcade like feel as if something is holding the bike upright). My old set up was really consistent and I loved how fast and hard I could ride but it just felt fake and awkward feeling. So i loosened it up and now I get better cornering traction but I fall over a lot easier now as well as I get speed wobble (Only on the AMA MX replica tracks).

The best way I can describe it is it feels like I had a nice aftermarket steering stabilizer on my bike with my old set up and now I've got a stock steering stabilizer that gets washed out easily.

Is there a way to get the best of both worlds here?
Maybe leveling 30 with a steering strength of 82-83??

Any help would be appreciated!!

-Jake
Finalmushroom

Re: Leveling, dampening, steering strength advanced settings

Post by Finalmushroom »

Also, I forgot to mention that my suspension is held constant here so that isn't a variable.
Acidreamer

Post by Acidreamer »

Sounds like its more of a suspension setup issue. Your stability settings should stay pretty much identical between sx and outdoors.

My leveling is 27 & max steering force 100. been running the same setup for years. suspension changes as speed increases tho.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Well suspension I don't have an excuse. lol. It's SYS's 2017 SX he posted earlier this year and he runs on average 15 second faster laps than I do. Some tracks I can run about the same as him maybe a few seconds off his pace and maybe because I'm slower this is the difference I'm looking for?

I try and spend hours on a new MX one and go back to this and it feels better other than I wash out more.

What dampening do you run with that steering at 100?
I think there's a difference between low dampening (making it easy to turn) and a high steering force (Making it easy to turn as well).
That's mainly what I'm trying to figure out. I need more dampening but I need my turning to be similar in sensitivity if that makes sense.

In every game I play I always turn down the sensitivity because I go crazy on the sticks so this one I've tried to turn it down as well. lol.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

My question wasn't really answered.

Do you players change your dampening or your steering force is my bottom line.

Because you can do things like.
#1: Lower you dampening but lower your steering strength to counteract and will have a similar feel. But what other characteristics are now altered? The dampening is lowered so this should allow for the outside environment (The MX track) to move your bike around more.

So this seems like you want higher dampening and just ramp up the steering strength? Is this how it works?
Anyone??
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

PM me so I remember and ill help ya
Tanner Rogers