Beginner/intermediate sx

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
kawasaki22db
Team: Privateer

Beginner/intermediate sx

Post by kawasaki22db »

Hey all just wondering if anyone runs a beginner/intermediate sx server I could join in on. I usually run practice.flowtech but I am hit and miss with consistency and would like to be able to ride with some guys more my stature and maybe learn something from you or you could show me something to help out
I like dirt bikes and dirt bike accessories
kawasaki22db

Re: Beginner/intermediate sx

Post by kawasaki22db »

Let me rephrase that maybe you could show me something helpful or I could show you something helpfull lmao
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

kawasaki22db wrote:Hey all just wondering if anyone runs a beginner/intermediate sx server I could join in on. I usually run practice.flowtech but I am hit and miss with consistency and would like to be able to ride with some guys more my stature and maybe learn something from you or you could show me something to help out
Try JGSX tracks man. They have a lot of flow and the most important thing for a SX track (IMO for a beginner, myself included) is that you can double into a section and still have the option to triple triple or a triple double before the next corner. A lot of the AMA tracks have triples in and if you don't have the corner speed it's hard to make the section work.

Start of the JGSX tracks and then once you get the hang of SX get onto the 2017 AMA SX replica tracks and get the hang of those.

Some more advice (this works for me anyways) is ride the 450f. You don't have to have great corner speed to make sections and it makes the game more enjoyable as well. Same with MX because on the 250f you have to have a lot of carried momentum to make some of those big jumps while on the 450f you can be slower and still have the power to get over stuff. Some guys will say this will hinder you in the long run but overall, playing this game casually, who cares? Having fun is what 99% of the community plays this game for. lol.

-Jake
kawasaki22db

Post by kawasaki22db »

Finalmushroom wrote:
kawasaki22db wrote:Hey all just wondering if anyone runs a beginner/intermediate sx server I could join in on. I usually run practice.flowtech but I am hit and miss with consistency and would like to be able to ride with some guys more my stature and maybe learn something from you or you could show me something to help out
Try JGSX tracks man. They have a lot of flow and the most important thing for a SX track (IMO for a beginner, myself included) is that you can double into a section and still have the option to triple triple or a triple double before the next corner. A lot of the AMA tracks have triples in and if you don't have the corner speed it's hard to make the section work.

Start of the JGSX tracks and then once you get the hang of SX get onto the 2017 AMA SX replica tracks and get the hang of those.

Some more advice (this works for me anyways) is ride the 450f. You don't have to have great corner speed to make sections and it makes the game more enjoyable as well. Same with MX because on the 250f you have to have a lot of carried momentum to make some of those big jumps while on the 450f you can be slower and still have the power to get over stuff. Some guys will say this will hinder you in the long run but overall, playing this game casually, who cares? Having fun is what 99% of the community plays this game for. lol.

-Jake
I actually ride his tracks alot, JG is one of my favorite track creators and I do usually ride the 450 mainly because its much easier to clear stuff as you said. I have been riding the 250 on some tracks but I have found the ktm 350 is actually kind of like a combination. It feels really agile like the 250s but I find myself not needing to reach for higher gears to make most of the sx tracks work.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

kawasaki22db wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:

-Jake
I actually ride his tracks alot, JG is one of my favorite track creators and I do usually ride the 450 mainly because its much easier to clear stuff as you said. I have been riding the 250 on some tracks but I have found the ktm 350 is actually kind of like a combination. It feels really agile like the 250s but I find myself not needing to reach for higher gears to make most of the sx tracks work.

Yeah I've thought about the 350 but I would have to get used to it and then I'd be used to it and then when I got back onto the 450 I would have to get used to that again. lol.
I try the 250f and the 125 2t at times but they are so slow compared to the 450. lol.
kawasaki22db

Post by kawasaki22db »

Finalmushroom wrote:
kawasaki22db wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:

-Jake

Yeah I've thought about the 350 but I would have to get used to it and then I'd be used to it and then when I got back onto the 450 I would have to get used to that again. lol.
I try the 250f and the 125 2t at times but they are so slow compared to the 450. lol.
lol thats how I feel too dude, I have been riding the 350 and Im on the 450 tonight and its like woah man this is way different