2017-11-19 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
mogli100
Team: Gtrek Racing

JLV!!!

Post by mogli100 »

How do you turn on erode on your server jlv?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: JLV!!!

Post by Wahlamt »

mogli100 wrote:How do you turn on erode on your server jlv?
Run the latest server version then you write: server,erode # on your server.

# can be 1-100 (0 to turn it off)
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: 2017-11-19 snapshot

Post by checkerz »

Still building up/steepening and not cutting through the jump. I'm not into fighting guys going 4 into sections all SX season because the berms get faster with steeper ruts on them and then jumps get lipped up.
chaseb31
Team: BPC | let's get it

Post by chaseb31 »

Thx for letting us help Chex and I know your'e frustrated and your'e trying to do your'e best, but it didn't feel good to ride on at all personally.
Chase Blakely | Oregon Based
Clintos15

Post by Clintos15 »

Yeah thanks checkerz, and yeah agree with both, Dont want people to be able to quad in cause its unrealistic. Its still building up the kickers and in matter face worse maybe.
2018-2019 AUSMX 250 National Champion
Im washed up :roll:
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

people even play this game online still or what, seems like everytime i hop on jlv servers are empty
only one to win something real from the game!
Clintos15

Post by Clintos15 »

Jones221 wrote:people even play this game online still or what, seems like everytime i hop on jlv servers are empty
Jlv, elsinore server usually dont have to many anymore, lost of people play in flowtech 890 with the 17 sx tracks and people mainly play in there own servers now
2018-2019 AUSMX 250 National Champion
Im washed up :roll:
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

I really hope we can try and figure this out before sx because I would really love to see it in competitive rF racing!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

checkerz wrote:Image

Still building up/steepening and not cutting through the jump. I'm not into fighting guys going 4 into sections all SX season because the berms get faster with steeper ruts on them and then jumps get lipped up.
Well that's disappointing. Seemed like it was fixed in my tests. What settings are you using there?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

jlv wrote: Well that's disappointing. Seemed like it was fixed in my tests. What settings are you using there?
That was with something I was trying based on your feedback before the update.

Just tried again tonight with default settings.

Still nothing good.
MOTO NATIOM112
Team: PoGo

Post by MOTO NATIOM112 »

checkerz wrote:
jlv wrote: Well that's disappointing. Seemed like it was fixed in my tests. What settings are you using there?
That was with something I was trying based on your feedback before the update.

Just tried again tonight with default settings.

Still nothing good.
Could it possibly be the way people ride? Whether people seat bounce, shift up or do whatever they do on jump faces, maybe that's causing kickers like that to form. I probably sound stupid but figured I throw that out there :lol:
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

More likely to be settings than riding style. Here's what I get using some varied settings. Leftmost is default settings, blue uses only inner erode, red and green are a mix. Tested using erode 40, 10 runs per lane starting 20 feet from the top of the jump.

Code: Select all

texture @dirt.ppm
erode_radius 4
erode_depth 1.0
erode_inner_radius 2
erode_inner_depth 0.125
addtile

texture @colors/red.png
erode_radius 4
erode_depth 0.75
erode_inner_radius 2
erode_inner_depth 0.5
addtile

texture @colors/green.png
erode_radius 6
erode_depth 0.25
erode_inner_radius 2
erode_inner_depth 0.75
addtile

texture @colors/blue.png
erode_radius 8
erode_depth 0.0
erode_inner_radius 2
erode_inner_depth 1.0
addtile
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ryanmx25

Post by ryanmx25 »

@Jlv

Does erode take impact force as a variable as to how much to erode? So when the bike is loading/compressing at the bottom of the face, it is with a greater impact force than when it's unloading at the top of the jump causing it to erode more, or am I wrong ?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

ryanmx25 wrote:@Jlv

Does erode take impact force as a variable as to how much to erode? So when the bike is loading/compressing at the bottom of the face, it is with a greater impact force than when it's unloading at the top of the jump causing it to erode more, or am I wrong ?
It ignores the Y component of the force. The X and Z components affect how far the outer radius is displaced. The inner radius doesn't care about the force.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

M@xTizZz wrote:40 racers were spamming the chat to turn erode off, there's still a lot of guys who can't run it without having serious issues and sometimes they can't even play (from what they said)
This will always be a problem since a great number play on laptops without a decent video card and there's a hundred background programs running while they're trying to stream and download at the same time with only 2 gigs of RAM and they've cranked up all the graphics settings all while trying to race 39 others online with erode on and all while running through a red light while speeding!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.