game freezes only when recording demo HELP

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Mmalo1226
Team: Fantom Mx

game freezes only when recording demo HELP

Post by Mmalo1226 »

it only freezes for litterally a second every 5 seconds. just enough time to stick whatever button im pressing at the time and send me into the bails.i know it is not my pc cause ive upgraded my pc multiple times and i have done a reformat every time ive changed motherboards and yesterday i put windows ten on and re-downloaded game and reinstalled from scratch and everything and it still does this. any ideas? it didnt do this on my original motherboard and original processor. which was garbage to say the least lol.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: game freezes only when recording demo HELP

Post by jlv »

Some systems apparently wait for writes to disk to complete before letting the program continue. If you have write caching disabled try enabling it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -on-or-off
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Mmalo1226

Post by Mmalo1226 »

thanks for the reply i did check that and it is enabled i havent tried with it disabled yet should i?
Mmalo1226

Post by Mmalo1226 »

it works a little better if i record demo and record with my gpu at the same time tho which is kinda weird
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Don't disable write caching. The problem is you aren't getting write caching even though it's enabled. If there are any drivers for your motherboard/chipset that you haven't installed you might want to try installing them.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Mmalo1226

Post by Mmalo1226 »

i already did i can check again tho later but why would it work better when i use shadowplay at the same time as recording a demo the playback comes out fine either way i just dont get it. ill check my board drivers again
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

That's a good question. Maybe something is deadlocked and the extra load helps wake it up.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com