Finally getting a new laptop!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jtrs61
Team: Privateer

Finally getting a new laptop!

Post by jtrs61 »

Dang ole dad gum Black Friday helped a little bit lol... ended up with an Acer i5 7th gen 7200u GTX950 128GB ssd 1TB HHD... may not be a super rig, but a drastic improvement to the potato! It should be at the house when I get there tomorrow!

Since I've been using my potato for the last 5 years most of the track versions have been the lowest quality to help this thing handle em... I have a feeling its going to be a pain in the ass to go through and pick and choose what I want to keep, and what I want to update to a higher res version... any suggestions or should I just set aside a few days and go to town on tmfr?
Ddavis

Re: Finally getting a new laptop!

Post by Ddavis »

It depends, do you want higher fps when you race or do you want superb quality when taking screenshots? If you want killer screenshots, then sure update your PC with high res tracks, but if you want to keep high fps while racing, you don't really need high res tracks unless you're currently running ultra-low, then you might want to upgrade to low or medium res.
jtrs61

Post by jtrs61 »

Higher FPS for sure... even with the advanced graphics settings turned down so low it looks like an NES game the ole potato still gets choppy with ultra low versions and any more than 3 or 4 riders online... but if that set up will handle med versions with the advanced graphics turned up a bit, I am down for putting the time into updating
jamie kinna

Post by jamie kinna »

do you have a link to this laptop as im in need of one to?