So will there be 2018 sx.

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
User avatar
checkerz
Posts: 7752
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:23 am
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: So will there be 2018 sx.

Postby checkerz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:44 am

Didn't mean to make you confused Devin and anyone else.

It would be kinda cool to see JLV come back and do it, but I think that it's more of a last resort.

rF talks have been going positively to where I think it can/will happen.

Lack of track maps and erode still leave some gray area... this isn't really anything bigger than we've worked through previously, but it still is a challenge.

User avatar
Clfitty
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:49 am

Re: So will there be 2018 sx.

Postby Clfitty » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:09 am

If there is anything we, as a community (I use that term very loosely), can do to help, please let us know Chris. I don't live for this game, but damn if it isn't fun as hell when sx and outdoor season comes up; looking forward to the next round, watching the points, watching the livestreams from Kellen, etc.

My only concern is with erode. Obviously that's a huge change so I hope if it is used, we know what we are getting into. Personally, I feel like SX shouldn't use it, but outdoors should (when it's more refined.)

Either way, this year's seasons were a blast and I appreciate the work the team put in. Hopefully get to experience it for one full year in the pro class.

User avatar
Brina927
Posts: 2486
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:55 am
Team: Whipstyle
Location: Phoenix Arizona
Contact:

Re: So will there be 2018 sx.

Postby Brina927 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:20 am

jlv wrote:It'll definitely happen one way or another. If no one else wants to I'll do it.

This is why I love you JLV.
My Stats RIP Whipstyle <3
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.

#BRINASX2018

JMJS
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:41 pm
Team: MOTO1

Re: So will there be 2018 sx.

Postby JMJS » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:31 am

erode isn't a bad thing I don't get people's problem with it, the emf test race seemed to go down really well and the track wasn't destroyed even after 25 laps.

RhysHarris
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:12 pm
Team: KulanVisual
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: So will there be 2018 sx.

Postby RhysHarris » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:18 pm

Ddavis wrote:
checkerz wrote:I mean, if JLV is offering maybe we should step away!

Right now, talks are happening. We don't have track maps beyond A1 which sucks and erode is still a question mark.

I think the key people involved are into it enough that it'll happen.

I think it'll have erode too.

Via the wild grapevine I heard EMF is hosting Euro timeslot and rF US timeslot.


The first half of this post makes me feel like rF is done and the second half makes me think there's a chance.

User avatar
Jakob Hubbard
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:16 am
Team: RockyMountainATV/Mc

Re: So will there be 2018 sx.

Postby Jakob Hubbard » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:33 pm

JMJS wrote:erode isn't a bad thing I don't get people's problem with it, the emf test race seemed to go down really well and the track wasn't destroyed even after 25 laps.


It's not as much about the track being destroyed as it is being optimized enough for pretty much any pc to handle it in rF competition.
~Jakob Hubbard
bmx2k02 wrote:Hubbard Dirtworks is a joke...

User avatar
MOTOZ293
Posts: 1644
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:17 pm
Team: VersusPc/FAMmx
Location: Ohio

Re: So will there be 2018 sx.

Postby MOTOZ293 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
JMJS wrote:erode isn't a bad thing I don't get people's problem with it, the emf test race seemed to go down really well and the track wasn't destroyed even after 25 laps.


It's not as much about the track being destroyed as it is being optimized enough for pretty much any pc to handle it in rF competition.

You’re both kind of wrong. I hate to say it but emf doesn’t have very optimized tracks. Rf is way better at it bc they have racecar. And the problem with erode is that it developed kickers lips and you were able to quad into sections, instead of making it more challenging.
Image

User avatar
Jakob Hubbard
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:16 am
Team: RockyMountainATV/Mc

Re: So will there be 2018 sx.

Postby Jakob Hubbard » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:02 pm

MOTOZ293 wrote: You’re both kind of wrong. I hate to say it but emf doesn’t have very optimized tracks. Rf is way better at it bc they have racecar. And the problem with erode is that it developed kickers lips and you were able to quad into sections, instead of making it more challenging.


Of course the kickers have alway seemed to have been the main issue, but for me idk what it is but I seem to lag on erode (granted not nearly as much as it used to when it first came out) when playing online with friends. If jlv has any other way he can optimize it I'd be happy :). But of course got to take care of the whole kicker issue first. I feel like once jlv gets that taken care of, the rest will kind of fall into place.
~Jakob Hubbard
bmx2k02 wrote:Hubbard Dirtworks is a joke...

User avatar
checkerz
Posts: 7752
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:23 am
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: So will there be 2018 sx.

Postby checkerz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:38 pm

Jakob Hubbard wrote:being optimized enough for pretty much any pc to handle it


We won't be making racing decisions based on someone's potato PC.

It's a higher level competition and you may need higher level components than the local $300 special.

I don't see IRL track builders dumbing down the tracks because not everyone has bad ass suspension.

We aren't stupid and won't take it to the extreme, but some of you may want to visit our friend John at VersusPC.com before the season kicks off. Hey, Christmas is right around the corner and if you tell him that I sent you I bet he'll even hook you up with a deal.

User avatar
MOTOZ293
Posts: 1644
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:17 pm
Team: VersusPc/FAMmx
Location: Ohio

Re: So will there be 2018 sx.

Postby MOTOZ293 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:11 pm

^^^ chex is right. No one cares if you’re pc is potato. That’s your fault not rf or jlv
Image

User avatar
Jakob Hubbard
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:16 am
Team: RockyMountainATV/Mc

Re: So will there be 2018 sx.

Postby Jakob Hubbard » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:54 pm

checkerz wrote:
Jakob Hubbard wrote:being optimized enough for pretty much any pc to handle it


We won't be making racing decisions based on someone's potato PC.

It's a higher level competition and you may need higher level components than the local $300 special.

I don't see IRL track builders dumbing down the tracks because not everyone has bad ass suspension.


Really valid point, and I agree there’s no need to make erode work for $200 laptops. I’m just saying if there is any way it could be improved it would be awesome.

Idk what it is with my computer in particular, but I’m pretty sure I need a cpu upgrade. I can go into a server with max graphics and lots of people and get like 50fps. But when I turn down my graphics and restart the game and everything. I still get 50fps. My graphics card can handle the higher graphics, I think it’s probably my processor not being able to handle all of the operations going on (the people riding and deforming the track). Anyone have any idea?
~Jakob Hubbard
bmx2k02 wrote:Hubbard Dirtworks is a joke...

User avatar
Rayvenator
Posts: 747
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:57 pm
Team: TM Factory Racing
Location: Flädie, Sweden
Contact:

Re: So will there be 2018 sx.

Postby Rayvenator » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:27 pm

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
Really valid point, and I agree there’s no need to make erode work for $200 laptops. I’m just saying if there is any way it could be improved it would be awesome.

Idk what it is with my computer in particular, but I’m pretty sure I need a cpu upgrade. I can go into a server with max graphics and lots of people and get like 50fps. But when I turn down my graphics and restart the game and everything. I still get 50fps. My graphics card can handle the higher graphics, I think it’s probably my processor not being able to handle all of the operations going on (the people riding and deforming the track). Anyone have any idea?


I recently switched to shaders/copy and compress textures=off and saw a massive boost in fps. It was pretty ok before but now I can run max graphics at 125fps unless racing with a pretty much full gate. 8/80-8/80 with 256 and I can run racing without problems. Erode hasn't been a problem either and I have a pretty old pc that I need to change soon that wasn't that great to begin with. An old 4440s cpu with a gtx1060 gpu. If people have worse specs than me, they really shouldn't complain because you clearly need a new pc. (I know my gpu is new but the cpu bottlenecks so much it doesn't matter. Had a gtx760 before and it ran mxs just fine.)
Image

User avatar
Jakob Hubbard
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:16 am
Team: RockyMountainATV/Mc

Re: So will there be 2018 sx.

Postby Jakob Hubbard » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:22 pm

Rayvenator wrote:I recently switched to shaders/copy and compress textures=off and saw a massive boost in fps. It was pretty ok before but now I can run max graphics at 125fps unless racing with a pretty much full gate. 8/80-8/80 with 256 and I can run racing without problems. Erode hasn't been a problem either and I have a pretty old pc that I need to change soon that wasn't that great to begin with. An old 4440s cpu with a gtx1060 gpu. If people have worse specs than me, they really shouldn't complain because you clearly need a new pc. (I know my gpu is new but the cpu bottlenecks so much it doesn't matter. Had a gtx760 before and it ran mxs just fine.)


Thanks dude I’ll check it out.
~Jakob Hubbard
bmx2k02 wrote:Hubbard Dirtworks is a joke...

User avatar
Clfitty
Posts: 408
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:49 am

Re: So will there be 2018 sx.

Postby Clfitty » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:34 pm

To be fair, there's still tracks that I get 40 fps on if I have the objects on. That's running a 1080ti with a 7700k and 16gb of ddr4 ram. Optimization on this game can be weird some times.

User avatar
MOTOZ293
Posts: 1644
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:17 pm
Team: VersusPc/FAMmx
Location: Ohio

Re: So will there be 2018 sx.

Postby MOTOZ293 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:27 pm

Jakob Hubbard wrote:Really valid point, and I agree there’s no need to make erode work for $200 laptops. I’m just saying if there is any way it could be improved it would be awesome.

Idk what it is with my computer in particular, but I’m pretty sure I need a cpu upgrade. I can go into a server with max graphics and lots of people and get like 50fps. But when I turn down my graphics and restart the game and everything. I still get 50fps. My graphics card can handle the higher graphics, I think it’s probably my processor not being able to handle all of the operations going on (the people riding and deforming the track). Anyone have any idea?

That’s a potato. You should be able to have no less than 100 with a full gate.. you don’t need to run max graphics. What would you rather do have your game look good but run like shit or your game look mediocre and run smooth? I can garentee about half of the racers set their graphics in a race to where they can only see bales. Frames are more important than looks
Image


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DK662 and 6 guests