How to get the rider weight off the handlebars

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

How to get the rider weight off the handlebars

Post by Finalmushroom »

Hello all,

I think I've found my pet peev for this game!! lol. Every suspension and rider mass dif I try the rider has too much weight on the handlebars. Just looking at how the rider stands up in this game you game tell.

Do any of you have an recommendations on how to get the man to stand on the dang foot pegs correctly? lol.

I've asked in some servers and get the same thing, "Play the game more you'll get better." Every time. I'm not asking how to get better. I'm trying to get my rider to get a natural feel on the bike so I can push harder because if any of you have ridden IRL you know feeling comfortable and natural on the bike allows you to fully ride to your abilities. That's when other key techniques come into play.

-Jake
Atom6246

Re: How to get the rider weight off the handlebars

Post by Atom6246 »

Play more.
Most pros have their rider mass at .48, try that out.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

play the game more you'll get better
Motocrosser_44
Team: MGFX

Post by Motocrosser_44 »

ive gotten it to b muscle memory to lean back the smallest bit the whole time. and i have i think 0.43 for my mass dist. find what works to make the front end the tiniest bit lighter and get that comfort on the bike like irl, thats what ive done.
Albert Tranghese #44 | Tranghese Designs
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Atom6246 wrote:Play more.
Most pros have their rider mass at .48, try that out.
Seems really far back. lol. I play at .43 but have tired back to .47.
It's really dependent on overall set up and settings. With my current set up a .44 and back makes it hard to turn.
Great for whoops but not so great coming into SX turns. That's where finding that balance for myself is important.

I was really trying to point out that for a simulator the man doesn't stand on the bike like anyone IRL would.
We all stand on the pegs and place most of our weight on the pegs through our legs, knees, and obviously feet/ankles.

Every setting in this game the character is leaned forward placing weight onto his wrists which applies his weight onto the handlebars.
This is why as you go over any little bump in game the bike endos. IRL this isn't the case (as much anyways).

I would like some of the community to get of JLV's dick and have some constructive criticism for the man. I love this game and truly respect the man, he has created a game that has lasted a decade (and will continue) and has created a game that not even fully funded gaming developers will do (I'm sure it has something to do with the intended audience but still).

But I do appreciate the response and will continue to play around with my settings until I find what I'm looking for.

-Jake
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Motocrosser_44 wrote:ive gotten it to b muscle memory to lean back the smallest bit the whole time. and i have i think 0.43 for my mass dist. find what works to make the front end the tiniest bit lighter and get that comfort on the bike like irl, thats what ive done.
yeah, I'm running a .43 at the moment.
I've also tried applying more preload to the rear shock lowering the rear end and also increasing the dampening which wont allow that rear shock to compress as much which will make it not spring as far when it does spring. This helps and really helps with the whoops (Another problem I tend to have as I play with the settings).

I'll find one that I like all over the track except the whoops and then vise versa. lol.

-Jake
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

sethiemeboi wrote:play the game more you'll get better
Read my response in the comments.
This post wasn't fully trying to find a setting as you and 500 other players could give me their settings and I could hate them. We all are different and that's what I love about this game as it's the same IRL.

I was also trying to see if others thought the same thing as I do or maybe it's just me.

Also, it seems to me that a large proportion of this community isn't old enough to drive let allow own a real dirt bike.
It's humorous to me that kids on here tell me to get good (at a video game) when I'm out at my local track and trails riding as they "get good" at a video game. To each their own I suppose!

-Jake
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

There is no need for him to fix anything. I can tell you're new and probably dont have many hours on the game but you will get the hang of it eventually and it will feel natural. The physics aren't perfect but they don't need to be changed. There's bigger things to worry about.
Finalmushroom wrote:Also, it seems to me that a large proportion of this community isn't old enough to drive let allow own a real dirt bike.
This is not true. Maybe even the opposite.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

Finalmushroom wrote:
This post wasn't fully trying to find a setting as you and 500 other players could give me their settings and I could hate them. We all are different and that's what I love about this game as it's the same IRL.

I was also trying to see if others thought the same thing as I do or maybe it's just me.

Also, it seems to me that a large proportion of this community isn't old enough to drive let allow own a real dirt bike.
It's humorous to me that kids on here tell me to get good (at a video game) when I'm out at my local track and trails riding as they "get good" at a video game. To each their own I suppose!

-Jake
This guy's gettin fuckin mad cuz he can't play the game lol
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Lnxa »

Your best bet is to set your rider mass at .48 and just play the game a ton, You won't find anything that will fix what ever problem you're having besides changing suspension and theres a ton of decent ones on here.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

sethiemeboi wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:

-Jake
This guy's gettin fuckin mad cuz he can't play the game lol
Lol, I'm actually not bad mate. I run a decent and consistent 1:02 on 2017 SX Indianapolis track. Not too bad from playing sim for 6 months and SX for a month.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Lnxa wrote:Your best bet is to set your rider mass at .48 and just play the game a ton, You won't find anything that will fix what ever problem you're having besides changing suspension and theres a ton of decent ones on here.
Yeah, I've found quite a few and teak them for what I think I'd like. Most the time I screw them up and restart. lololol. Best let the fast guys do what they do best. I started with kellen's set up and would play with it (he really likes a springy rear shock) and would always go back to his settings in the end.

I find that the further back I can be a lot more consistent through the whoops. Being further back seems to hold a line better as well. But I like the flowy loose feel of like .43 but those dang whoops force me to make the trade off.

Also, being further back makes initiating turns hard but I suppose you can play with other advanced settings to help out with that.

-Jake
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Rider mass is a vertical setting.Its not forward-to-back. Higher number = higher up on the rider.

A higher number makes the rider's movement have more of an effect on the bike + rider combo.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

ShackAttack12 wrote:Rider mass is a vertical setting.Its not forward-to-back. Higher number = higher up on the rider.

A higher number makes the rider's movement have more of an effect on the bike + rider combo.
Hmm, This seems weird to me. For me the higher the number it almost feels like I adjusted my chain stays back like an inch or two. It's weird. The bike feels longer to me and actually feels like the bike moves around less for me. Like I said, I feel like I can hold a straight line more as well as the whoops are more consistent.

But maybe that is because he has a higher center of gravity.
Thanks for the insight though!

I think I like .45 with my current set up the most. I really want to give .47 or .48 a try like some others have mentioned as well.

-Jake
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Finalmushroom wrote:
ShackAttack12 wrote:Rider mass is a vertical setting.Its not forward-to-back. Higher number = higher up on the rider.

Hmm, This seems weird to me. For me the higher the number it almost feels like I adjusted my chain stays back like an inch or two. It's weird. The bike feels longer to me and actually feels like the bike moves around less for me. Like I said, I feel like I can hold a straight line more as well as the whoops are more consistent.

But maybe that is because he has a higher center of gravity.
Thanks for the insight though!

I think I like .45 with my current set up the most. I really want to give .47 or .48 a try like some others have mentioned as well.

-Jake
Shack is correct, and yes your center of gravity being changed is what's changing the feeling. You will find that certain settings don't make sense in this game because what it claims to do and how it feels doesn't really correlate sometimes. This isnt because the settings are flawed, it's just how our brains interpret it. We think it should be a certain way and get confused when it's not.

There are many other factors and things to consider when changing a setting like that though. Everything about this game, like real life, is give and take. I won't get too much into it but if you need any help trying to replicate a certain feeling PM me and I'll help you out.

Also, there is a plethora of incorrect information floating around this forum so just be careful where you get your answers from.
Tanner Rogers