How to get the rider weight off the handlebars

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Re: How to get the rider weight off the handlebars

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Atom6246 wrote:
Jakob Hubbard wrote:
Atom6246 wrote:Well even if you had a controller you could use a button throttle so no thats not why I assume that but more so because how twitchy your bars are.
He could also have a really loose advanced too.
I gave him my stability and he said it was looser than what he was running which doesnt make sense because there is no possible way my setup is that loose.
Ahhh okay, my advanced is just like the most loose setup ever lol. It makes me look like I'm riding a keyboard because it's so damn twitchy. I've given my advanced to people like bryce whealon and he was confused on how I even cornered with it.
Jakob Hubbard

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Finalmushroom wrote:
MOTOZ293 wrote:It helps if you turn down your debi
What's debi? lol.
It's an inside joke within the community. He's not being serious.
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Post by Finalmushroom »

Atom6246 wrote:
Jakob Hubbard wrote:
Atom6246 wrote:Well even if you had a controller you could use a button throttle so no thats not why I assume that but more so because how twitchy your bars are.
He could also have a really loose advanced too.
I gave him my stability and he said it was looser than what he was running which doesnt make sense because there is no possible way my setup is that loose.
Finalmushroom wrote:I just loosened it up actually because I was having problems making it into the tight SX turns.
Honestly, I just have a really bad sense of being gentle or controlled with my sticks.
On every game I play I always have to lower the sensitivity because I'm an idiot and crank on the sticks when I shouldn't. lol.
Ahh ok I gotcha
I would say ours are similar since I moved loosened mine.
I'm just getting used to being easy on them because I'll slide out more now.

It's all good though! I'm still learning and have only been riding SX for a month now.
vmaki

Post by vmaki »

Finalmushroom wrote: Every suspension and rider mass dif I try the rider has too much weight on the handlebars.
If you are using a controller you can change where your riders neutral position is on the bike when you are not touching the thumpstick. You can do this by manually editing the config file found in your personal folder. Lines 166 and 167 have the following:

Code: Select all

lean_forward_key=(0.300000,-0.932396)Controller(XBOX360ForWindows) axis 1
lean_backward_key=(0.300000,0.922592)Controller(XBOX360ForWindows) axis 1
Forward is from 0 to -1 and backwards is from 0 to 1 on the same axis by default. By moving the first values to 0.3 the riders neutral resting position is moving forward. In your case you'd want to have a negative value instead of 0.3. I have set mine to lean slighty more forward to help me with tight corners. Just be aware of that the extreme ends of your riders movement will remain the same.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

vmaki wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote: Every suspension and rider mass dif I try the rider has too much weight on the handlebars.
If you are using a controller you can change where your riders neutral position is on the bike when you are not touching the thumpstick. You can do this by manually editing the config file found in your personal folder. Lines 166 and 167 have the following:

Forward is from 0 to -1 and backwards is from 0 to 1 on the same axis by default. By moving the first values to 0.3 the riders neutral resting position is moving forward. In your case you'd want to have a negative value instead of 0.3. I have set mine to lean slighty more forward to help me with tight corners. Just be aware of that the extreme ends of your riders movement will remain the same.
Interesting. I may have figured out with my settings but I will try this and see how it feels!
Thanks man!
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Finalmushroom wrote:
vmaki wrote:

Interesting. I may have figured out with my settings but I will try this and see how it feels!
Thanks man!
My config file is blank? lol.
vmaki

Post by vmaki »

Finalmushroom wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:
vmaki wrote:

Thanks man!
Maybe you can try a different text editor? I use notepad++ to edit those files. Maybe that will help? Other than that I have no idea why it would be blank.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

vmaki wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:
Thanks man!
Maybe you can try a different text editor? I use notepad++ to edit those files. Maybe that will help? Other than that I have no idea why it would be blank.
I'll play around with it! Thanks!!
GM55

Post by GM55 »

RevLimiter wrote:You can try Tysen's setup. I'm use to touchy advanced so I'd if it is touchy but I remember when I switched to it, it felt very stabe and you can carry a lot of speed with it in supercross
Where has he posted his advanced
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

GM55 wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:You can try Tysen's setup. I'm use to touchy advanced so I'd if it is touchy but I remember when I switched to it, it felt very stabe and you can carry a lot of speed with it in supercross
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
GM55

Post by GM55 »

maggett wrote:
GM55 wrote:

sweet thanks
CeeJayHDz

Post by CeeJayHDz »

motokid499 wrote:There's no way to really know this for sure, but I'd be willing to bet money that it takes around the same amount of hours to get to the pro level in MXS as it does in real life, if we compare ride time and play time. I've probably put in a good 4000-5000 hours into this game
Gimme your money! Was 2nd for half a pro national after 4 months of having the game ;) playing 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 4 months thats still only 2688 hours git gud roges
Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

CeeJayHDz wrote: Gimme your money! Was 2nd for half a pro national after 4 months of having the game ;) playing 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 4 months thats still only 2688 hours git gud roges
But bro rush is better than you
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
motokid499

Post by motokid499 »

Aaron Hall wrote:
CeeJayHDz wrote: Gimme your money! Was 2nd for half a pro national after 4 months of having the game ;) playing 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 4 months thats still only 2688 hours git gud roges
But bro rush is better than you
^^^^^^^
Tanner Rogers
calebheney223
Team: Cock Suckers

Post by calebheney223 »

sethiemeboi wrote:
Finalmushroom wrote:
sethiemeboi wrote:play the game more you'll get better
Read my response in the comments.
This post wasn't fully trying to find a setting as you and 500 other players could give me their settings and I could hate them. We all are different and that's what I love about this game as it's the same IRL.

I was also trying to see if others thought the same thing as I do or maybe it's just me.

Also, it seems to me that a large proportion of this community isn't old enough to drive let allow own a real dirt bike.
It's humorous to me that kids on here tell me to get good (at a video game) when I'm out at my local track and trails riding as they "get good" at a video game. To each their own I suppose!

-Jake
This guy's gettin fuckin mad cuz he can't play the game lol
Probably just some fatass who's trying to play because he cant set up his suspension so his tire doesn't rub against his back fender in real life.
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin