mxs online

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
pinky11
Team: Privateer

mxs online

Post by pinky11 »

G'day guys
Im really new to the game like 1 !/2 months and i have no idear how to play online. if somone could help me out that would be sick.

Chris
RevLimiter
Team: Its my forum name

Re: mxs online

Post by RevLimiter »

Welcome to the best motocross video game in existence! To play online, just go to "Multiplayer" and enter the server address in the address bar, then connect. Make sure you have the correct track the server is running in order to connect. If you don't have the track, or the wrong track file, it'll connect you then immediately disconnect you, stating that it cannot find the track file in your folder.

To find servers, you can go to this page -> mxsimulator.com/servers...you can click on a link that'll launch your sim automatically connecting to the server you wish to join, or do it the longer way by manually typing in the address in the game. If you are totally new to online racing, I recommend the server known as the stock server, elsinore.mxsimulator.com:19800, this address is automatically put in for you when you buy the game. I wouldn't spend too much time there and become a "stock track hero", because you can only go so far in the game racing noobs on the stock tracks.

One important thing, if you are getting lapped, please be considerate and move aside for the leaders. The blue flag in this game is a blue bar at the bottom of your screen, and it appears when the leaders are 2 or less seconds behind you. There are no rules stating you have to move out of the way, it is just out of respect.

There are PLENTY of riders who love taking out other riders. Don't get upset, it's only a game. Best thing to do is not follow that whiny brat attitude and ride with respect with clean passes, even though mistakes are made (and there will be plenty of them.)

Make sure to play nice on the elsinore servers, the riders have the right to protest you in the forums if you go out of your way to take someone out or you target a certain rider multiple times, and it's easy to prove it. If JLV deems the protest worthy, you'll be given 3 chances. First offense is a one day ban, second offense is a week, and third is banned indefinitely until removed by JLV (I think :oops: )

Once you get a hang of the game, you can try your skills in competitive racing by checking out races on the forums under "Racing". Eliminations, A.K.A. "Elims" are a fun way to get some quick racing going by eliminating last place of one lap until it's down to the final two riders. Fun races also get hosted from time to time, less popular than Elims, but usually follows your traditional 2 moto format with no skill requirements or qualifying. Sometimes there are bike restrictions, like 125 only. You can also check websites such as mxsemf.com, mxslobby.com, or racefactorygaming.com. These are the infamous three race hosting websites where a more serious race is hosted. They have amateur classes, and sometimes even "C" classes for the noobs of the game, however this gets abused by sandbaggers like it does IRL. Most of the races in those said websites will have qualifying, but even if you don't qualify, you should still be able to race as long as you signed up, put in a lap, and there are missing riders who have qualified. Got good at those races? Now it's time to put your sims skills to the ultimate test! rF and EMF Pro/AM Supercross/Nationals, probably the best part of this game is the AMA Championships and MXGP Championships, and even the Aussie championships (both MX/SX) get replicated and a championship is hosted for the best in the game to showcase in an epic showdown of racing. Work your way up through the amateur ranks, then gear up for your rookie debut as you battle your way to become one of the greats such as Tysen Fresquez, Alexis Leclair, Dennis Fjeldberg, Jesse Mullins, Bryan Haskall, and Hunter Root. Do you have what it takes to have your name along these sim legends?

Get out there and shred!
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

RevLimiter wrote:Welcome to the best motocross video game in existence!
^^^ this guy = legend. If everyone would do something like this, perhaps the community could be even more rad.

Cheers for being so inviting.
RevLimiter

Post by RevLimiter »

checkerz wrote:Cheers for being so inviting.
Damn I'm so humbled rn haha love what you do Checkerz, always have my support!
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

This guys been writing the back covers of racing games for years by the sounds of it hahaha, nice job
RevLimiter

Post by RevLimiter »

yeeee I overdid it :lol: :lol: :lol: goes to show how much I love this game
jamie kinna

Post by jamie kinna »

RevLimiter wrote:yeeee I overdid it :lol: :lol: :lol: goes to show how much I love this game
you really did do a great write up and explination only if there were more pople out there willing to help like yourself!
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

RevLimiter wrote:yeeee I overdid it :lol: :lol: :lol: goes to show how much I love this game
No man, it's great. May users are just lazy to explain the ins and outs to new comers, myself included most of the time. But we've all been there at one point. Granted the info is there if you search but it's always nice to get help first hand.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Now you can point people to this thread later on!!

Also, it's great seeing members be so inviting. I'm still new and love it when I see inviting people!!

-Jake
pinky11

Post by pinky11 »

Yer thanks mate
sorry im a truck driver and im away all week so didn't get to have a sus on here till just then.
every time i try and join it says "fixed file mismatch"
go absolutely no idea what that is
bet yer thanks for your help :D