2017-12-13 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2017-12-13 snapshot

Post by jlv »

GustavoMX930' wrote:
jlv wrote: Maybe you accidentally ran it with no controller before you grabbed the lastlog file. If there's nothing in that list the game would have no way to read a controller. I'll add some more debug messages and see it we can narrow it down a little more. Pretty sure it's crashing creating the directinput object.
Any thought of what may fix it?
Probably going to be hard/impossible to fix since it isn't crashing in code I have control over. I'm going to try aligning the stack before calling DirectInputCreate. It might be trying to use an instruction that needs to be aligned without aligning the stack first. The code I use to interface with DirectInput hasn't changed in those snapshots but I could have added some variables which would have changed the stack depth when it reaches that code.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
GustavoMX930'
Team: 2 good 4 a team

Post by GustavoMX930' »

jlv wrote: Probably going to be hard/impossible to fix since it isn't crashing in code I have control over. I'm going to try aligning the stack before calling DirectInputCreate. It might be trying to use an instruction that needs to be aligned without aligning the stack first. The code I use to interface with DirectInput hasn't changed in those snapshots but I could have added some variables which would have changed the stack depth when it reaches that code.
So basically a factory restore should fix it? Dang i really didnt want to reset my pc
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

GustavoMX930' wrote:So basically a factory restore should fix it? Dang i really didnt want to reset my pc
Factory restore might not do it. Does this one crash? If it does post the lastlog file again.

http://www.mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx ... 0-1374.exe
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
GustavoMX930'
Team: 2 good 4 a team

Post by GustavoMX930' »

jlv wrote: Factory restore might not do it. Does this one crash? If it does post the lastlog file again.

http://www.mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx ... 0-1374.exe
I can’t tell as i’ll be gone untill the 30th... Once i get home i’ll test it and i’ll post it here. Thanks for now, jlv!
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.