[Beginner Tip] practicing a certain section of the track

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
nogenepool
Team: Privateer

[Beginner Tip] practicing a certain section of the track

Post by nogenepool »

In time trial mode you can enable "backing up aborts attempt". When you push backup button on controller, you'll respawn at the checkpoint right before the finish line. This is nice for practicing -- if you botch a lap by crashing, push that and you respawn instantly. No waiting to get up.

However I found that I would often crash somewhere in the middle or end of the track, a part that I wanted to practice more.

Here you can change the timing gate in editor mode to the place where you'd like to practice. Then, when you hit backup button you respawn there immediately, instead of before the finish line.

start mx.exe with --editor option (e.g. run c:/Program Files (x86)/MX Simulator/mx.exe --editor).

Load a track in time trial mode. While in game, hit Tab twice to enter track editor. Go to timing gate section on left. Find the timing gate that comes right before the finish line (e.g. gate 17 on smithtown). Drag this to the area you wish to practice. Hit "save" then hit Tab to get back to the game. Press backup button on controller and voila!, you will repawn at that point.

Hope this helps other beginner players. I've read / watched many beginning guides for mx sim and no one every mentioned this trick, although it's well known to experienced players.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: [Beginner Tip] practicing a certain section of the track

Post by jlv »

Excellent first post! I used to use the same trick for testing my supercross tracks.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Vibe+

Re: [Beginner Tip] practicing a certain section of the track

Post by DABZZZ »

nogenepool wrote: Hit "save" then hit Tab to get back to the game. Press backup button on controller and voila!, you will repawn at that point.
I would suggest not hitting save if you plan on racing that track online, otherwise youll get a client doesnt match error, Instead, Tab back into play view, and push your backup button, which still takes you to the timing gate you moved :)
IG:@mxs.battlegrounds