Keycam "Jumping"

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Keycam "Jumping"

Post by AHeckman2 »

Didn't know exactly where to post this, so here it is. Just something I've had to deal with since the new keycams. Notice how it pauses (at 4 seconds in) and then goes fast to catch up? It only happens when you're facing that direction (not sure what direction it would be). I always get irritated when I try to get a turned shot facing that side of the map and then I have to redo the angle because the keycam is jumpy. I won't be making many more edits but curious if this can be fixed and if others have dealt with it also?

Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Keycam "Jumping"

Post by Wahlamt »

Looks like you put 2 keys close to each other. Next time it happens, do /writekeys NAME to get the key sequence you made and see if you by accident put the keys a bit awkward.
AHeckman2

Post by AHeckman2 »

Wahlamt wrote:Looks like you put 2 keys close to each other. Next time it happens, do /writekeys NAME to get the key sequence you made and see if you by accident put the keys a bit awkward.
Not the case, the keycams were spread out evenly. I only had 3 keycams in that whole shot.
AHeckman2

Post by AHeckman2 »

AHeckman2 wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:Looks like you put 2 keys close to each other. Next time it happens, do /writekeys NAME to get the key sequence you made and see if you by accident put the keys a bit awkward.
Not the case, the keycams were spread out evenly. I only had 4 keycams in that whole shot.
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

AHeckman2 wrote:Didn't know exactly where to post this, so here it is. Just something I've had to deal with since the new keycams. Notice how it pauses (at 4 seconds in) and then goes fast to catch up? It only happens when you're facing that direction (not sure what direction it would be). I always get irritated when I try to get a turned shot facing that side of the map and then I have to redo the angle because the keycam is jumpy. I won't be making many more edits but curious if this can be fixed and if others have dealt with it also?
jlv wrote:
JLV we spoke on this issue a few months ago, but I never really found a fix (besides re-placing all of the keys from scratch). Is there any specific reason why if the camera is gradually adjusting with multiple keys throughout the turn that it decides to hinge back to the previous key? Here was my example. I tried removing a couple keys from it as you suggested, but the hinging motion just pushed back to the closest available key placement.
CrossFlow Racing#16

Post by CrossFlow Racing#16 »

That gyazo that you just posted above looks fine to me. it looks like you have just had your keycams moving slow, then a sudden change or direction and pace and they keycam i trying to keep up. Heckmans one on the other hand looks strange. i would have assumed what storken said.
AHeckman2

Post by AHeckman2 »

CrossFlow Racing#16 wrote:That gyazo that you just posted above looks fine to me. it looks like you have just had your keycams moving slow, then a sudden change or direction and pace and they keycam i trying to keep up. Heckmans one on the other hand looks strange. i would have assumed what storken said.
Its the same thing happening in both instances, it only happens to me when I'm trying to turn whilst facing a certain direction.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Why not post the keycam files?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
AHeckman2

Post by AHeckman2 »

jlv wrote:Why not post the keycam files?
:oops: cuz I didn’t know that was a feature.... how do I do that?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

AHeckman2 wrote:
AHeckman2

Post by AHeckman2 »

Wahlamt wrote:
AHeckman2 wrote:
I will give that a try, I remember that being a thing in a snapshot, didn’t know how to use it though.