Controls

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Sha02
Team: Privateer

Controls

Post by Sha02 »

Hello, I have been using my brakes both mapped to my L2 trigger (ps3 controller) but I wanted to know if I should be running the two brakes (front and back) on different buttons. If anyone could get back to me that would be awesome!

[EDIT]: while you're here if you could check my YouTube channel out that would pretty cool (shameless plug) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC99-fO ... subscriber
Atom6246

Re: Controls

Post by Atom6246 »

Only a very few top pros use both on the same button but I think its safe to say most have them separated. Tapping the back break coming into corners helps alot especially in SX.
mxsisboss

Post by mxsisboss »

Ive been playing this game including demo from 2010, always ran both breaks on the left trigger and i can put in laptimes that would only just qualify me for RF pro, so i dont think it matters too much, i still break tap etc and its fine, mess about with it find what suits you
cr500zd wrote:is there anyway that 500cc bikes will be put into the game?
jlv wrote:I'd say it will definitely happen at some point. Not any time soon though.
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Post by Finalmushroom »

Sha02 wrote:Hello, I have been using my brakes both mapped to my L2 trigger (ps3 controller) but I wanted to know if I should be running the two brakes (front and back) on different buttons. If anyone could get back to me that would be awesome!

[EDIT]: while you're here if you could check my YouTube channel out that would pretty cool (shameless plug) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC99-fO ... subscriber
The two dudes below are much faster than me but for what it's worth.

I would separate them. Try separating them and hitting a jump with your nose high and press and hold the rear brake (until you're leveled where you want to be). And then try the same exercise with the front brake. The front brake makes you dive much more as well, and here's the important thing, doesn't allow you to move very much afterwards.
It's like you get frozen as soon as you hit those front brakes.
Hitting the rear not only allows for continued mobility after you're level but it also allows for finer adjustments because it doesn't level you out so much and as quickly as the front brake does.

Also, if you're coming into a corner with your front wheel turned and you have them connected you could slide out more because that front brake is being activated. (I'm sure having them on antilock could help, but that's not as fun). :mrgreen:

IRL I love my front brake but I utilize both brakes coming into the corner and as I get into the rut I lay off the front and finish leaning the bike over and trail with the rear brake until I'm ready for throttle again.
I think this game is about the same thing.

-Jake