FPS issues with Erode on. Need some help

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Bubba40
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Re: FPS issues with Erode on. Need some help

Post by Bubba40 »

So last night i did some testing seems like it's not the graphics card that's giving us the fps stutter but it's are cpu i don't know why the i5 has problems running sim. Jlv should we upgrade to a i7 or overclock are cpu ? My friend has the same cpu and he's getting 125fps with it overclocked. i5 4670k
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Game is definitely more cpu dependant. My gpu stays below 50c in mx simulator, goes above 70c in pretty much all other games
Tanner Rogers
manii20

Post by manii20 »

I have i5-4460 and having the same issue. Would be so sick if it's possible to fix that. Erode is difficult itself and lag doesn't help to ride smooth
newmanb138
Team: United

Post by newmanb138 »

Bubba40 wrote:So last night i did some testing seems like it's not the graphics card that's giving us the fps stutter but it's are cpu i don't know why the i5 has problems running sim. Jlv should we upgrade to a i7 or overclock are cpu ? My friend has the same cpu and he's getting 125fps with it overclocked. i5 4670k
I have an i5 4670k OC'ed to 3.8GHz and am still having the issues sooo oc'ing that card doesn't seem to be the answer.

I guess I am just getting irritated because JLV put erode on(Which erode itself is great, just sucks with the stuttering) and I directly ask him for help on this issue and really get nothing useful out of him.... If it is so poorly optimized(not sure if that is the case or not) why would he release it in the first place if 50% or more of the users are suffering now. Just doesn't make sense, maybe he does have a legitimate reason for doing so..
Basically this post does more or less confirm that ALOT of people are now having issues. I feel like it would be nice if JLV had the time to try to help us figure it out because I obviously am not smart enough to do so lol
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Bubba40 wrote:So last night i did some testing seems like it's not the graphics card that's giving us the fps stutter but it's are cpu i don't know why the i5 has problems running sim. Jlv should we upgrade to a i7 or overclock are cpu ? My friend has the same cpu and he's getting 125fps with it overclocked. i5 4670k
It all depends on your understanding of overclocking. The 8700k runs at 4.7 single core, 4.6 dual core and so on down to 4.3 across all cores. If you don't have a good understanding of overclocking, don't have sufficient CPU cooling or simply did not win the silicon lottery with your CPU those speeds will be impossible to get stable for 24/7 purposes. As an example a good 24/7 overclock (WITH GOOD COOLING) for all cores on a 4670k would be in around 4.3.

Newman, 3.8 is stock turbo clock for that CPU..
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Post by ROSE822 »

Buy a Intel i7 7700k and your be alright :oops:
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

ROSE822 wrote:Buy a Intel i7 7700k and your be alright :oops:
For the little difference in price the 8700k is more than worth it..
maggett
Team: Architech

Post by maggett »

4670k overclocked to 4.3 with a gtx 970 and i stay at 125 constant so cant just be a i5 problem
2018 EMF EU 250SX East Coast Champion
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If your CPU is having trouble make sure you have the "Use Shader Programs" setting set to "yes". Otherwise it has to do the bone transform on the CPU which will be devastating if you have a vertex heavy rider model.

There's definitely still room for optimization in the erode reshading code. It won't be another 10x improvement though. Last time I checked the game wasn't spending that much time on erode so the max gain possible will probably be around 10-20%.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Bubba40
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Post by Bubba40 »

jlv wrote:If your CPU is having trouble make sure you have the "Use Shader Programs" setting set to "yes". Otherwise it has to do the bone transform on the CPU which will be devastating if you have a vertex heavy rider model.

There's definitely still room for optimization in the erode reshading code. It won't be another 10x improvement though. Last time I checked the game wasn't spending that much time on erode so the max gain possible will probably be around 10-20%.
Did some testing with it tonight in rf and it made no difference in my fps. If you can make it 10% easier to run that would be amazing.
Conner Pate
Crushed Dissenter
Team: oof

Post by Conner Pate »

yea i dont have a bad pc at all i can run a 40 man gate with almost 125 frames but 20 people with erode on SX im going from like 45 to 100 lol would be dope if jlv could help a little
Conner Pate
Crushed Dissenter
Team: oof

Post by Conner Pate »

i know how to fix it all i have an Asus laptop with a GTX 950m and a i5 intel core and i just got MSI Afterburner and overclocked my stuff now i have no issues locked at 60 with almost maxed settings with erode on supercross with 20 people so its good for me
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Lnxa wrote: pc not recognizing sim was open so his gpu stayed at the idle clock speed
So Im curious, what is the solution for this?
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

barrington314 wrote:
Lnxa wrote: pc not recognizing sim was open so his gpu stayed at the idle clock speed
He forced his gpu to run at the normal clock speed, I think it ended up fixing itself after awhile though.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

barrington314 wrote:
Two things... This problem can happen with both the CPU and GPU... One is to turn your power management mode to high performance in windows, that didn't work for Race with his enthusiast CPU, he ended up having to manually overclock his CPU. In Nvidia control panel set the power management mode to prefer maximum performance. This will only having the card run at its base clock at all times. The card will still increase with load to boost clock, however the issue for some people is the card staying at say 800 MHz when the base clock is say 1200 MHz. On older Nvidia cards you could turn on kboost with precision x which will run the GPU at its boost clock at all times. With 10 series you can only run kboost with EVGA branded cards using precision xoc.