Constructive Criticism Please!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Constructive Criticism Please!

Post by Finalmushroom »

What's up everyone!?

I'm wanting some criticism to my riding. I'll continue playing an hour or two a day to get better but is there anything you guys see that I can do it get better?
I.E. Triple in (I'm working on these), throttle positioning/timing, gearing (I'm really used to -2, 2 and love it but I'm getting used to -1, 1), body positioning, being more aggressive out of corners, scrub the big SX triples more, ect.

I'm getting around to being able to ride a few laps with one or two fall offs (I think I need to work on if I know I don't have the speed for the wanted rhythm but I go ahead and send it anyways would make me even more consistent) and I've been riding online more to get used to the little lag and having people flying everywhere.

Let me know and I really do appreciate it.

-Jake
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Vibe+

Re: Constructive Criticism Please!

Post by DABZZZ »

Try 0,1 for your gearing. Reduces wheel spin. If you rounded out the corners a little more, I would think that'd give you some extra time. There is always ways to improve no matter what your level. Jus keep pushin my dude!
IG:@mxs.battlegrounds
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

DABZZZ wrote:Try 0,1 for your gearing. Reduces wheel spin. If you rounded out the corners a little more, I would think that'd give you some extra time. There is always ways to improve no matter what your level. Jus keep pushin my dude!
I need to figure the gearing out. I like the bike tapped out :mrgreen: but she does spin a lot which gets me into trouble too.
By rounding out you mean come into them towards the outside more?
I have this tendency to cut them almost like I'm trying to block pass someone. I'll try and come wider.

Thanks man!

-Jake
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Vibe+

Post by DABZZZ »

Finalmushroom wrote: I need to figure the gearing out. I like the bike tapped out :mrgreen: but she does spin a lot which gets me into trouble too.
I have this tendency to cut them almost like I'm trying to block pass someone. I'll try and come wider.

Thanks man!

-Jake
lol I am also one who enjoys the bike screamin lmaooo. And yeah, Make a U shape rather than a V. That will also help with your tripling in issue since you'll be carrying more speeeeeedddd.
IG:@mxs.battlegrounds
Cummings55
Team: RFORCE8

Post by Cummings55 »

I assume you are new to the game, welcome! I don’t know if you ever plan to race the series, but if I had the chance to go back and change something I wish I would have learned the game (specifically SX) on the 250f. I began learning SX on the 450 because it seemed easier to still hit big lines with mistakes. Now that I am in the Pro class, I feel (and perform) at such a disadvantage because the majority of my time in the game was spent on the 450.
mxerik336
Team: JIBR.CO

Post by mxerik336 »

What made me a better rider was riding 250 for so long that i was able to triple in consistently, ride aggresive ...
and when you hop on 450 with all the 250 skills you basically only have adapt those
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Cummings55 wrote:I assume you are new to the game, welcome! I don’t know if you ever plan to race the series, but if I had the chance to go back and change something I wish I would have learned the game (specifically SX) on the 250f. I began learning SX on the 450 because it seemed easier to still hit big lines with mistakes. Now that I am in the Pro class, I feel (and perform) at such a disadvantage because the majority of my time in the game was spent on the 450.
same boi
Sabo
Team: <3 lane

Post by Sabo »

Finalmushroom wrote:
DABZZZ wrote:Try 0,1 for your gearing. Reduces wheel spin. If you rounded out the corners a little more, I would think that'd give you some extra time. There is always ways to improve no matter what your level. Jus keep pushin my dude!
I need to figure the gearing out. I like the bike tapped out :mrgreen: but she does spin a lot which gets me into trouble too.

Thanks man!

-Jake
Be careful about revving the bike out. If you're on the crf, you're making the most power at 9-10k
TeamHavocRacing wrote:As I awake from champagne wishes and caviar dreams, I realize it's back to Pabst Blue Ribbon and Doritos.
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Cummings55 wrote:I assume you are new to the game, welcome! I don’t know if you ever plan to race the series, but if I had the chance to go back and change something I wish I would have learned the game (specifically SX) on the 250f. I began learning SX on the 450 because it seemed easier to still hit big lines with mistakes. Now that I am in the Pro class, I feel (and perform) at such a disadvantage because the majority of my time in the game was spent on the 450.
Yeah I'm new. I started playing in July.
Please don't tell me that. lol. Whenever I hop on the 250 I feel like it's so slow. I actually get similar lap times with each bike so I think it's more of a Placebo effect more than anything. I don't triple in and hit similar lines.
I'll try to get used to the 250 again and see if I can get better on it.

-Jake
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
same boi
Just go 450 pro mate! lol.
BradSchmidt
Team: Rival Decal

Post by BradSchmidt »

Watch the Pro POV's on YouTube to see how they are hitting corners and rhythms. That's what I did and it makes a huge differnece
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

BradSchmidt wrote:Watch the Pro POV's on YouTube to see how they are hitting corners and rhythms. That's what I did and it makes a huge differnece
I watch them but watching and doing are totally different topics. lol. I have an idea of where to hit lines but it's harder said than done.
Thanks for the though man!