2018-01-16 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

2018-01-16 snapshot

Post by jlv »

Changes:
  • Doesn't reapply erode after rewinding in demo.
  • Fixed collision bug.
  • Skybox is now 2x2x2 to allow for closer far plane settings.
Windows users: http://www.mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx ... 6-1381.exe
Linux users: http://www.mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx ... 01-16-1381

Replace mx.exe or mxbin with one of the above files. The default location for mx.exe should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator". I'd keep a backup of the originals since these aren't well tested.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Re: 2018-01-16 snapshot

Post by AHeckman2 »

jlv wrote:
  • Doesn't reapply erode after rewinding in demo.
THANK YOU
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

you working on sim 2?
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

jlv wrote:Changes:
  • Fixed collision bug.
Does this go towards lag, and the davalos bales collision?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Could we have so that erode is showing itself faster than now? Like split the waiting time in half? Could potentially make it easier if you're following someone :)
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

Dunivant25 wrote:
  • Fixed collision bug.
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

Dunivant25 wrote:
  • Fixed collision bug.
You can only hope :wink:
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

NoFear345 wrote:
Dunivant25 wrote:
  • Fixed collision bug.
Pretty sure it's just the fix to stop your game from crashing when you touch someone.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Lnxa wrote:
NoFear345 wrote:
Dunivant25 wrote: Does this go towards lag, and the davalos bales collision?
Pretty sure it's just the fix to stop your game from crashing when you touch someone.
That's what I'm hoping for. There was a divide by zero when two objects centers intersect exactly.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Cody Dawe
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Next Level Racing

Post by Cody Dawe »

Wahlamt wrote:Could we have so that erode is showing itself faster than now? Like split the waiting time in half? Could potentially make it easier if you're following someone :)
do you want lag because THATS HOW YOU GET LAG. that would required double the bandwidth thats being transfered for erode
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

sneakyKittyGaming wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:Could we have so that erode is showing itself faster than now? Like split the waiting time in half? Could potentially make it easier if you're following someone :)
do you want lag because THATS HOW YOU GET LAG. that would required double the bandwidth thats being transfered for erode
I'm sorry... did you say bandwidth?
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

sneakyKittyGaming wrote:
Please explain to me how that would require the double bandwidth, I'm very interested.
Cody Dawe
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Next Level Racing

Post by Cody Dawe »

Wahlamt wrote:
sneakyKittyGaming wrote:
Please explain to me how that would require the double bandwidth, I'm very interested.
i more than likely used the wrong word on an account of being a dumba** but the amount of data being transfered to and from the server and clients would be doubled if the wait time for the applied effect was cut in half. correct me if im wrong here but thats how my mind picked it up.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

sneakyKittyGaming wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:
sneakyKittyGaming wrote: do you want lag because THATS HOW YOU GET LAG. that would required double the bandwidth thats being transfered for erode
i more than likely used the wrong word on an account of being a dumba** but the amount of data being transfered to and from the server and clients would be doubled if the wait time for the applied effect was cut in half. correct me if im wrong here but thats how my mind picked it up.
The data sent/received wouldn't double. The rate of which it would send would be the same, it would just only start to send/apply it sooner than it currently is. It's like getting your mail with overnight shipping or standard 3-4 days :)
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Actually, if I didn't buffer up the erode points the overhead from the headers would more than double the bandwidth used for erode. Each packet can have up to 64 erode points so if you sent them one by one you'd have up to 64x the header overhead. On top of that, each point is merged with its neighbors if they're close enough and delta compressed, so to send them one at a time it would more than double due to lack of compression. Probably be about 4x more without the delta compression and merging.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com