2018-01-26 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

2018-01-26 snapshot

Post by jlv »

Changes:
  • Now opens window and processes messages while creating the file list.
  • Fixed bug where tracks with no tileinfo had erode limit set to 0.
  • Reduced force in super deep collisions.
  • Client version is now 30.
(Updated r1387 - fixed not reading skins.)
Windows users: http://www.mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx ... 6-1387.exe
Linux users: http://www.mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx ... 01-26-1387

Replace mx.exe or mxbin with one of the above files. The default location for mx.exe should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator". I'd keep a backup of the originals since these aren't well tested.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
team canada

Re: 2018-01-26 snapshot

Post by team canada »

Thanks but it resets your bike/gear selections every time you open the game.
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

It resets all of your gear/bike/helmet/wheels everytime you restart the game.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Sorry about that. First post updated. (Revision 1387.)
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Wasn't expecting that loading screen when I started it up! What do you mean by processes messages? I get the loading bar across but don't see any messages like what it's loading, is that how it's supposed to be?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

Loading bar is cool.
Ran into a problem tho. When you open up the game if you're in windowed mode and immediately maximize you'll get stuck in a loading loop. I guess it's not a big deal I'll just have to remember not to do it haha
Jake805
Team: RockyMountainATVMc

Post by Jake805 »

ayee, thats sick. Game opens alot faster! Nice work
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

yzmxer608 wrote:Wasn't expecting that loading screen when I started it up! What do you mean by processes messages? I get the loading bar across but don't see any messages like what it's loading, is that how it's supposed to be?
"Processes messages" in this context means it's dispatching messages from the Windows message queue. If you take too long doing that you get the dreaded "not responding" message. For some reason I thought it was OK before you open a window but apparently that's not the case. The loading screen can't easily display text at that point since it doesn't know where its font file is yet.
LKR47 wrote:Loading bar is cool.
Ran into a problem tho. When you open up the game if you're in windowed mode and immediately maximize you'll get stuck in a loading loop. I guess it's not a big deal I'll just have to remember not to do it haha
Do you mean it never loads in if you maximize it?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

jlv wrote: Do you mean it never loads in if you maximize it?
Yes, the loading bar still shows activity, but I let it sit there for 20 mins and it never loaded into the menu before I force restarted. No problems if I let it load into the menu before I maximize though.
Noble-J728

cant find game data

Post by Noble-J728 »

when i download it and try to run it, says cant find game data? and can not play online cause clients too old? how do i go about this.
newmanb138
Team: United

Post by newmanb138 »

So Im having issues now.. I installed the snapshot yesterday and played no problems. I get on my pc today and everytime I click the shortcut to open sim it locks my computer up... Any ideas?
Rastaa

Post by Rastaa »

i cant open it on my pc..
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: cant find game data

Post by Wahlamt »

Noble-J728 wrote:when i download it and try to run it, says cant find game data? and can not play online cause clients too old? how do i go about this.
Put it in the installation folder.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Just had my first crash here. Started it full screen, then within a few seconds of loading tabbed out to browse chrome for a bit (figured it could open in the background). After the normal "crash" time of 20 or so seconds, it crashed, as it would usually crash the first time I used the PC for the day. Just tried tabbing out again, but now it opened as usual (2nd time you start it).
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

I guess my game loads too quickly to notice the new loading bar. It actually takes slightly longer to load into the menu than before because this new loading screen has to flash on my screen first. Running 2 SSD's in Raid 0.

Is there anything that can be done to speed up loading into servers packed with full gates? I feel like i should be loading really fast into servers with my setup, but i was timing out at this week's Pro race at Phoenix. With my computer setup, it shouldn't take me over a minute to load into a full server.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |