Simulator, Right?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jtrs61
Team: Privateer

Simulator, Right?

Post by jtrs61 »

So is it out of the realm of possibilities for our series to have real to life classes? Was just in a server that had 60+ racers in it. That is literally as many different people as a small local track like the dang-ole dad-gum Sprout Patch from back in the day! sometimes more! You know... some times ya ride 2 classes even lol.

Specially since irl I ride the vet class... I think itd be bad ass to play against people my specifically my age (be a small class but whatevs). Experts, Intermediate, Novice, Beginner. 250 & 450. a 125/250f schoolboy. open. shit we got 50s on the game...

This evening was my first ever UID grab... Seeing as there were server troubles and the race was postponed I can imagine the above would be difficult. Even time consuming to play through.

Point is - Could it ever be that big? Ever?
dawsonsleeper

Re: Simulator, Right?

Post by dawsonsleeper »

it takes a long time just to host 2 or 3 classes, i highly doubt anyone is gonna host 50s, 125s, 250s, 450s, vet, schooboy, etc. it would take well over 2-3 hrs
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!
Finalmushroom

Post by Finalmushroom »

dawsonsleeper wrote:it takes a long time just to host 2 or 3 classes, i highly doubt anyone is gonna host 50s, 125s, 250s, 450s, vet, schooboy, etc. it would take well over 2-3 hrs
I agree. I was a little sad to see that the 250 Novice class really doesn't seem like a "novice" class as the fast 250 Novice would be near or even in the top 40 in the 150 pro class but after thinking about how long it would take to run an official Novice, inter, expert, and then the AM and Pro's is a lot of work. I think his idea would create even more classes than what I was proposing to myself. lol.

-Jake
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Vibe+

Post by DABZZZ »

jtrs61 wrote: Point is - Could it ever be that big? Ever?
If someone were willing to host for as long as it would take, Anything is possible. But highly unlikely lol.
IG:@mxs.battlegrounds
jtrs61

Post by jtrs61 »

I think its awesome as is... I mean, even though it was my first hosted race like that i can only imagine the work it would take to host...Its obviously difficult and quite an undertaking alone, even for a smaller series. Anything! Let alone a friggin replica sx/mx... Its just wild. I dig the experience this game offers and like thinking of the possibilities...

Imagine the progress its made in the last 10 years. Techs got better, screens better. VR is a thing now... Imagine the next ten years!

vets class would still kick ass though
jtrs61

Post by jtrs61 »

I guess i haven't paid attention much, so there may already be... but even an annual series? I wouldn't mind racing the St Jude series again... i practiced and practiced... come to find out the potato lappy i had wouldn't handle it lol. even with the same tracks yearly right? so as people progress talent wise AND tech wise?