Physical movement of the suspension

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Physical movement of the suspension

Post by Finalmushroom »

When I'm watching my suspension move during play back is the amount and the way it moves accurate or is it preset?

For example, If i soften my rear end the rear end should sag where if I stiffen it a ton I should notice it not sagging as much.

I did attempt to do this before asking and it does visually appear that the rear end doesn't sag as much if you increase the spring rate but at times it appears to be marginal.

I'm trying to do a few laps and then watch my suspension to see if it's reacting the way I want it to.

EX. Maybe I'm getting weird kicking or swabbing across the whoops so I decrease the rebound and then rewatch a few runs to see if its changing in the direction I'm expecting or making it worse.

Anyone have any opinions?

-Jake
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: Physical movement of the suspension

Post by yzmxer608 »

The suspension works "dynamincally", whatever change you make you should be able to see physcially on the bike. Try using '/togglegraph' in the chat to see what the front and rear suspspension is doing.

If you're online and change the preload from 0 to 100 you can see the bike move while doing so.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Finalmushroom
Team: Privateer

Re: Physical movement of the suspension

Post by Finalmushroom »

yzmxer608 wrote:The suspension works "dynamincally", whatever change you make you should be able to see physcially on the bike. Try using '/togglegraph' in the chat to see what the front and rear suspspension is doing.

If you're online and change the preload from 0 to 100 you can see the bike move while doing so.
Thanks for the info! Like I said does look like it but I wasn't sure it it was a placebo effect. lol.

-Jake