A weird topic but.....

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
GM55
Team: Privateer

A weird topic but.....

Post by GM55 »

So I had been playing with an XBOX 1 Controller for about 2-3 months, with a small analog extender on my steering analog (the left one)
I had never used an xbox 360 controller and hadnt had one in years, so I just continued using my XB1 controller no big deal.

It wasnt until recently that my XB1 controller started too have some problems and sorta just broke. So, i bought a 360 controller....

Im not sure if its just the controller I bought, or what the deal is, but my 360 controller analogs are literally 10x more stiff than my small little Xbox one analogs.

I was curious too know if any of you have switched from a XB1 controller to a 360 controller and noticed the same thing?

I think that with the stiff analogs I get a lot more stability and am able too make the small adjustments needed, but I also felt like with my loose ass XB1 analogs I had a lot more range of motion and could twitch my thumb around quicker.

For now, im sticking with the stiff sticks and trying to get used too them.

I really just want too know if you prefer stiff analogs or really loose ones
patrickadizzle

Re: A weird topic but.....

Post by patrickadizzle »

There for sure is a difference. I played for years with an xbox 360 controller and tried to swtich to the xbox 1 controller after I wore out the thumb sticks and I couldn't do it. Ended up just buying a new 360 controller and brought back the XB1 controller.
Accomplishments: Nothing, but i almost win all races in 00, 01, 02, 03
GM55

Post by GM55 »

I knew there was something too it lol
I dont think ill ever be able to switch back to Xb1 controller.
The 360 sticks are just more neutral and stiff and the small movements are a lot easier
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

They're sure to loosen up over time. Maybe the extenders will help lower the breakout force needed to move them.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
trey_carlson186

Post by trey_carlson186 »

(paypal.me link removed - jlv)
Last edited by jlv on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link
ryanmx25

Post by ryanmx25 »

Are you playing on the Microsoft brand 360 controller, and not a generic off brand? if so yes, the Microsoft 360 sticks have a stiffer and more free play feeling than ps3, ps4, generic 360 controller, xb1 etc... I can only play well with the 360 controller my stability is too loose to play with anything different