Newbie here, Free work available for your help?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
StevoGP
Team: Privateer

Newbie here, Free work available for your help?

Post by StevoGP »

Hi Guys,

Newbie here on the group all the way from South Africa - i see there is some brilliant work going on here which is why i have joined to reach out. Back in the day i used to own my own bike graphics shop...printing hundreds of kits a year - i am sitting with tons of pre-designed kits if anyone is looking for some rad skins and can also create lots of different kits if i can help someone on here....to show im not here to take but also to give back to the community??

I am a visual artist and i am looking at using some of my latest technology and software to create some realistic renders showcasing someones work. I have some pretty rad technology that i will post here to show you guys what all can be done by using a android phone popping out a 3d model out of thin air for visualizing some models. I am unsure if anyone will give me a chance to be able to show what i can do with a bike model? It can be any model i am mainly wanting to import it to a game engine and do some realistic pbr materials and then do some screenshots....I am also willing to do a custom graphics for this bike that will go back to the owner to show my gratitude. You guys go through allot of hardwork modelling up these models if i can do free realistic renders in exchange for some support i will do so no problem.

The higher the poly the better but i will settle for anything decent right now if at all possible to just see how far i can get it :)

Thanks for reading
ColtonD719

Re: Newbie here, Free work available for your help?

Post by ColtonD719 »

Care to show any examples of what you’ve done with other models?
StevoGP

Post by StevoGP »

Hi Colton, Thanks for the reply. I am at the moment using unreal engine for all my work (architectural and have learned so much about materials and 3d models hence why i want to go back to the old days and try my hand at taking a 3d Bike model and placing it into unreal) My main aim here would be is to almost do a launcher style effect to be able to take the bike and have it on a podium for 360 spin which you guys can then also use to place your skins into the launcher and have a look at what it would look with some great realism to it.

I do understand tho that you guys try to keep the polys down for gaming and good fps but that is also not a problem as one can lower polys in most programs from blender. That will be my next go to tool for doing uvs and what not to get it to display correctly in unreal. I also use unity for other applications and things i do...so im pretty much open platform based.

Im not sure if there is any free models on here that i can use as a example or someone perhaps have a semi decent model? I managed to find one on the net but its very crooked the parts came in on 0 xyz values so i had to try and quickly assemble where they belong to just have a almost complete model. Some photos below of the first try. Getting a better model will certainly make things easier as i can see this model had like 3 LOD`s into it and stripping it is very time consuming.

Photos below, This was literally a quick 15min import shuffeling meshes around and uv wrapping skins. Once i can get a detailed model i can work with better lighting and scenery to get it much more realistic and get some great angles to display glossiness and also to really get into the detail. I specialize in after effects productions so it wont just be photos but a cool video aswell displaying this model.
StevoGP

Post by StevoGP »

sorry i see it didnt take my photos with the post - im just opening a photobucket profile to be able to post some photos for you guys
StevoGP

Post by StevoGP »

Right here we go

THis was how we used to show our skins back in the day to clients

dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

Here is the 2017 Yamaha 2 and 4 Strokes, both with a PSD and .blend.
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=43937
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!
StevoGP

Post by StevoGP »

This was also a quick slap together as per my first post showcasing some of my technology that i use for 3d marketing. I met P2Sta briefly over the net and saw what all hes doing and showed him what he could possibly do with 3d models and how interactive this is for clients.

I create this app which will look for a picture - once it recognises the picture a 3d model pops out. You can look right around the model as you move your phone around the picture it will zoom in or zoom out or rotate around the model or you can simply move the paper in 360 degrees.

This even works directly off your pc monitor - i laid my monitor on its back ran the app and screenshots of my android phone. Please not i have not done anything to this model its straight from sketchup into the software so no realism is applied yet more of a fun way to interact with models and viewing them.

StevoGP

Post by StevoGP »

dawsonsleeper wrote:Here is the 2017 Yamaha 2 and 4 Strokes, both with a PSD and .blend.
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=43937

Thanks so much Dawsonsleeper you are a champion of champs. Let me take a look at how this comes into blender and what the uvs etc look like then i can start playing around with some feedback.
StevoGP

Post by StevoGP »

StevoGP

Post by StevoGP »

If any of you guys have android phones please let me know i can make the .apk available if you guys would like to try this tech.
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

i forgot how to do that, i have an iphone but i remember doing it in school a few months ago... you needed some sort of scanner if i remember correctly.
StevoGP wrote:If any of you guys have android phones please let me know i can make the .apk available if you guys would like to try this tech.
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!
StevoGP

Post by StevoGP »

dawsonsleeper wrote:i forgot how to do that, i have an iphone but i remember doing it in school a few months ago... you needed some sort of scanner if i remember correctly.
StevoGP wrote:If any of you guys have android phones please let me know i can make the .apk available if you guys would like to try this tech.

Its a app that you runs that will use the camera to scan a certain picture. Once it recognises the picture it can do various things from playing videos , popping out 3d models, relay you to a url, buttons that can do actions like swapping models or skins, coloring etc. Its quite a unique way for visualization aswell as making stuff come alive that is static.

I have only built for android it seems to be quite missions for iphone but i am investigating this
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Nope.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Sorry!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.